Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Survey To Evaluate False Doctrine Among Membership


Recommended Posts

Posted

If the Jaredites were the only people to come before the Lehites, how else did the land mammals get there?

There was probably some initial animal migration right after the flood. We also cannot rule out that the Jaredites had shipping from the old and new world

Posted

I guess he believes in Super Evolution.

 

Fantastic video, thank you.

 

This reminds me that if the story of Noah and the arc is demonstrably metaphorical then there shouldn't be any problem with me considering the majority of the stories in the scriptures to be something similar.

Posted

There was probably some initial animal migration right after the flood. We also cannot rule out that the Jaredites had shipping from the old and new world

 

Did you watch the Super Evolution video Rob? What you are suggesting simply isn't possible. Do you use modern medicine or do you reject "man's reasoning" and science in all forms?

Posted

Did you watch the Super Evolution video Rob? What you are suggesting simply isn't possible. Do you use modern medicine or do you reject "man's reasoning" and science in all forms?

Of course I use modern medicine. I just dont subscribe to sciences fairytales

Posted

Of course I use modern medicine. I just dont subscribe to sciences fairytales

 

Fairytales... that's a really great word. You've just applied it to the wrong side of the argument. You'd need some kind of magical intervention to achieve the impossible dispersion of animals that you've describe.

Posted

You'd need some kind of magical intervention to achieve the impossible dispersion of animals that you've describe.

Satan did it to try to confuse us before God's spies caught him.

Posted

Fantastic video, thank you.

 

This reminds me that if the story of Noah and the arc is demonstrably metaphorical then there shouldn't be any problem with me considering the majority of the stories in the scriptures to be something similar.

 

To be fair I believe Noah was a real person, a prophet of God. That he built a real boat, and put as many animals as he could. No I don't believe it was two, or seven, of every species of animals on earth, or that it was a world wide flood.

Posted

Fairytales... that's a really great word. You've just applied it to the wrong side of the argument. You'd need some kind of magical intervention to achieve the impossible dispersion of animals that you've describe.

Whatever, at least I dont have to throw "millions of years" at it to make it work.

Posted

To be fair I believe Noah was a real person, a prophet of God. That he built a real boat, and put as many animals as he could. No I don't believe it was two, or seven, of every species of animals on earth, or that it was a world wide flood.

 

The text uses the word "kind" which is understood as a much broader description than species, for example, Wolfs and Dogs are the same kind, but not the same species. 

Posted (edited)

The text uses the word "kind" which is understood as a much broader description than species, for example, Wolfs and Dogs are the same kind, but not the same species. 

And speices is a recent man made construct so then what?

Edited by Mola Ram Suda Ram
Posted

And speices is a recent man made construct so then what?

 

I'm simply pointing out that the criticism is invalid based on the use of the word species, which isn't the concept conveyed in the text. 

Posted (edited)

The text uses the word "kind" which is understood as a much broader description than species, for example, Wolfs and Dogs are the same kind, but not the same species. 

All modern day domesticated dogs are descendent from the Gray Wolf. 

Edited by thesometimesaint
Posted

And speices is a recent man made construct so then what?

So you believe species are more fluid than we have been led to believe? Each after its own kind is kind of just a goal, not a rule?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...