Question For Hebrew Scholars

Nathair/|\

I'm working on developing a character and I need a last name. He'll be an anti-villain type, a vampyre and sorcerer. The first name is Aluka, which I got out of a book on vampyre folklore. The book said it means "leach" and referred to a blood drinking demon that lived outside city walls. I don't know how accurate that is, but I liked the name, and that it's not overused like Lestat or Dracula.

I'm working on developing a character and I need a last name. He'll be an anti-villain type, a vampyre and sorcerer. The first name is Aluka, which I got out of a book on vampyre folklore. The book said it means "leach" and referred to a blood drinking demon that lived outside city walls. I don't know how accurate that is, but I liked the name, and that it's not overused like Lestat or Dracula.

Alukah is indeed a leach. Let me search some more folk and other sources, see if I can find anything else which could come in handy.

If you truly want a name that is synonymous with deprivation, arch-villainy, the incarnation of pure evil, a total divestment of humanity, and the embodiment of any and all of the following: lechery, debauchery, libertinism, lust, raunchiness, salaciousness, excess, wantonness, debasement, decay, declension, regression, decline, degeneracy, degeneration, licentiousness, degradation, devolution, dissipation, sensuality, downfall, evil, fall, gluttony, incontinence, intemperance, lasciviousness, lewdness, dissolution, and sybaritism, and a name which is anathema to all that is holy and righteous, try the name "Daniel C. Peterson."

Caution, when using this name, never mention it verbally in any way. Don't even lip the words. This person, according to his naysayers, makes Voldemort look like a citizen of the City of Enoch.

Of course, if that name causes too much stress and anguish, you could simply include the Greek name "mormo" which are vampiric spirits who feed off of bad children. Also, according to some anti-Mormons, who were in fear of my soul, they sent me the following in an email: "In the satanic bible, "Mormo" is the god of the living dead. The followers of Mormo are called Mormons." Dude, that is totally awesome.

What amused me the most about that email was they included a picture of Mormo, and this is what the picture was:

brigham-young.jpg

They even referred to this evil god's mortal name, "Joseph Smith." I giggled the whole time I was emailing them back, letting them know how impressed I was with their in-depth research and how they almost convinced me.

If you truly want a name that is synonymous with deprivation, arch-villainy, the incarnation of pure evil, a total divestment of humanity, and the embodiment of any and all of the following: lechery, debauchery, libertinism, lust, raunchiness, salaciousness, excess, wantonness, debasement, decay, declension, regression, decline, degeneracy, degeneration, licentiousness, degradation, devolution, dissipation, sensuality, downfall, evil, fall, gluttony, incontinence, intemperance, lasciviousness, lewdness, dissolution, and sybaritism, and a name which is anathema to all that is holy and righteous, try the name "Daniel C. Peterson."

Caution, when using this name, never mention it verbally in any way. Don't even lip the words. This person, according to his naysayers, makes Voldemort look like a citizen of the City of Enoch.

Of course, if that name causes too much stress and anguish, you could simply include the Greek name "mormo" which are vampiric spirits who feed off of bad children. Also, according to some anti-Mormons, who were in fear of my soul, they sent me the following in an email: "In the satanic bible, "Mormo" is the god of the living dead. The followers of Mormo are called Mormons." Dude, that is totally awesome.

What amused me the most about that email was they included a picture of Mormo, and this is what the picture was:

brigham-young.jpg

They even referred to this evil god's mortal name, "Joseph Smith." I giggled the whole time I was emailing them back, letting them know how impressed I was with their in-depth research and how they almost convinced me.

Thanks, Dredd, I seriously needed that today.