Frightened About The Election

EllenMaksoud

I'm almost 66 years old and have seen quite a few elections. Never, in that time have I seen Americans acting so hateful and inglorious. Some are even trumpeting about what they are going to do after the elections if it does not go their way. Some of the most mean speaking have been Mormons. Don't think I'm going to church tomorrow because I might cut loose on some of them.

I think most are just blowing hot air. I wouldn't let it frighten you. It means a lot for some members to have another member in the white house. Perhaps some feel it will validate their beliefs, some honestly feel Romney would make a really good president. I have personally heard more Obama supporters make threats but that doesn't mean that there are more of them.

One of my favorite classes I took in college was "History of the American Presidency". This subject was the professor's passion.

What we're seeing today is nothing new, and relatively benign compared to numerous elections in the past.

The more things change the more things stay the same.

There never has been a perfect American President, and it usually takes about 50 years to determine if any one Pressidency was good or bad. To me it should NOT make any difference in what religion an elected office seeker is, but what they propose to do to and for my country.

Edited by thesometimesaint

One of my favorite classes I took in college was "History of the American Presidency". This subject was the professor's passion.

What we're seeing today is nothing new, and relatively benign compared to numerous elections in the past.

The 1940's elections prompted Democrat ads accusing the Republicans of being Nazi's, so things have changed....a little.

The 1940's elections prompted Democrat ads accusing the Republicans of being Nazi's, so things have changed....a little.

you havent looked hard enough... I am sure they are being called nazis somewhere... does that qualify as a godwin law violation?