Is The Spirit In 1 Kings 22:19-23 Embodied Or Incorporeal?

So, did God lie when He said that He would dwell there?

So, "the house of the Lord" isn't His house?

So, when Christ says "my house", He lied?

Does God have to "eat and sleep" there for it to be His house?

Volgadon brought this passage to our attention in another thread: "Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off....Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." (Isa. 56:5,7)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Volgadon brought this passage to our attention in another thread: "Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off....Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." (Isa. 56:5,7)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

An intresting Parallel is the practice of the Mayans of writing their throne ascenders names in stone on the stairs of their holy hill temples.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

WOW!! I am sorry I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Matt 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

As a way of tying in a few loose ends of this thread, here are some interesting passage from the Alphabet of Rabbi Akiba. a midrash dated anywhere from the 3rd to the 9th century C.E., which explains the meaning of each of the letters of the Hebrew alphabet in relation to revealed scripture:

Regarding heavenly hosts and light:

"A, Ch, S, means that God said unto the angels, I, myself, will be more merciful to Israel than to the idol worshipers, for the former crown mo twice a day and pro- claim my kingdom morning and evening by their declarations, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one.'' If Israel would not exist, neither glory nor exaltation would exist.

"B, T, E (Data). My spirit is only calmed by Israel, for the heathen make mis- takes to take sun, moon, and stars as deities. And when they bow before them and before the hosts of Heaven, then the Holy One is wrath, as it is written (Psalm vii), "God is wrath every day." The Almighty says unto the angels, "Behold, I gave unto those pagans spirit, mind, glory, and ruling power, and they bow to sun, moon, and stars, which I have created from the. aureole of my face." At that saying they tremble, those wheels in the orbits of the sun, moon, and stars, arid two destructive angels go out to destroy the world on account of their wicked doings, but they give up their intention for the sake of the sages who study the law, and the public-school children who read the scripture, and for the sake of the whole of Israel who pro- claim morning and evening the Heavenly Kingdom....

N. M. R. (Nmar), meaning " he said;" those are the seraphim and fairy angels who can not say praise to the glory of the Lord, until Israel has first sanctified his holy name, as it is written (Job xxxviii) "The morning stars sing together and the sons of God shout for joy." The morning stars are the children of Israel, as Moses said, and ye are as the stars of the sky As the stars are shining, so the children of Lord are shining through the light of the law, as it is written (Proverbs vi), "The good ' and the law is light."

Regarding the house of God:

"J, or Jod, means hand and might. We learn from it that the Lord will give in the later days a might, a foothold to the pious ones, as it is written, "I will give unto them a hand and a good name in my house and my walls." House means the temple, as it is written, "And my house will bo called the worship house of all nations." Wall means Jerusalem, as it is written, "Upon thy walls, Jerusalem, I appointed watches! "

"B reads as Beth, which means a house (the initials of Beth). Said the Lord, I builded, I formed, I prepared, I buildcd my two palaces, one in Heaven and the other on earth. I formed all the orders of creation. I prepared the future life....

"Another reason, as the temple will be destroyed twice. For he created two worlds, life here and life to come. For God said, I created two palaces, one for me and the other for the sons of man, as it is written (Psalms), "Heaven belongs to the Lord, the earth he gave to the sons of man."

Let's also not forget: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." (Jn. 14:2--emphasis mine)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Edited by wenglund