Spirit Bodies

I call that

!

Par for the course.

How many times have I said on this thread that talking to him is a waste of time?

Par for the course.

How many times have I said on this thread that talking to him is a waste of time?

Not at all. He has just used this board to refine yet another misleading and not entirely truthful anti-Momon argument.

At least that's my hunch as to why he spends so much time here in the course of his duties as executive director of the decidedly anti-Mormon religious research organization which shall not be linked (due to refusal to drop temple content from their web site).

• Upvote 1

Not at all. He has just used this board to refine yet another misleading and not entirely truthful anti-Momon argument.

At least that's my hunch as to why he spends so much time here in the course of his duties as executive director of the decidedly anti-Mormon religious research organization which shall not be linked (due to refusal to drop temple content from their web site).

He collects the counter-arguments, puts them in his pocket and disappears.

He has no intention of answering any of them from the time he starts the discussion. He is just here to provoke and preach and do rhetorical research.

The mods really need to realize that.

He collects the counter-arguments, puts them in his pocket and disappears.

He has no intention of answering any of them from the time he starts the discussion. He is just here to provoke and preach and do rhetorical research.

The answer is, then, to ignore him, and help others to come to this conclusion.

Of course, it is entriely possible that he'll take the "ready to defend the gospel" tack, saying we are ashamed of "Mormonism", or that we can't support it. I've seen others do this, as I am sure you all have, as well.

Lehi

The answer is, then, to ignore him, and help others to come to this conclusion.

Of course, it is entriely possible that he'll take the "ready to defend the gospel" tack, saying we are ashamed of "Mormonism", or that we can't support it. I've seen others do this, as I am sure you all have, as well.

Lehi

Agreed on both counts. But if he says we can't respond, at least he can only put forth the lame arguments he presents here without our helping him to refine his positions.

His website posts the usual silly stuff- there's no real threat there imo- that's why he is trying to improve his arguments.

And we are helping him by responding.

That's 4 of us just on the last part of this thread who noticed it.

Edited by mfbukowski

Yes, I read the recent comments here. Contrary to what some of you are saying, I did not duck out of the discussion. The discussion is continuing, with more focus, on another thread. And I expect that it will continue, with those individuals who are able at least to stifle any animosity they may have toward me enough to be reasonably civil and patient.

There are many of you (Mormons) here, and very often I am the only person here defending an evangelical view of the issue. I don't have time to answer every post from every one of you. In most cases those of you who criticize me in this way do so after I have gone back and forth with you a few times or even many times. In this instance the rush to judgment that I had dropped out of the discussion came after just one or two days (during which I was working on a detailed response to one of the Mormons posting here). Then followed the personal attacks on my motives and methods of participation here.

I certainly feel no obligation to respond at all to those who have repeatedly made offensive personal remarks about me and who have repeatedly bemoaned my presence in this forum. You know who you are.

I get the same impression as well. I think the main reason why is posts here is to pit his wit against the Mormons so he can fine-tune his anti-Mormon literature. It doesn't bother me though. It works both ways. He has a good intellect, and he is good at picking holes in Mormonism, which cannot be a bad thing, because it helps keep Mormons on their toes, theologically speaking.

He is a good "bug finder" in Mormonism. You know how software companies employ professional software testers to test and find bugs in their newly developed software. He is a good "doctrinal tester" of Mormonism, in that sense. He likes looking for bugs in Mormon doctrine, and that can't be a bad thing. I also find his posts and discussions quite entertaining, so I have no objections to him being here.

Yes- I know who I am Rob. I also have no objection to you posting here and have never complained to the moderators about your presence. As Zerinus says you do serve a purpose to keep us on our toes.

However in the spirit of honesty let's have no illusions about why you are here and what you do for a living. Preaching against the Mormons and other sects you deem unauthoratative or heretical is your bread and butter. It would be against your self interest to seek for a true understanding.

I am civil as the day is long despite your protests against your treatment here. I just don't think I am obliged to believe you are anything but what you are. Any veneer of politeness and feigned victimhood changes none of your works and the spirit of your inquiries.

When you begin to modify your "research" publications to more accurately reflect the truth of our beliefs I may change my opinion.

• Upvote 1