Israel Under A Bus .....

dirtius maximus

A US political figure "A" has claimed that another US political figure "Z" has "thrown Israel under the bus" due the latter figure stating that Israel "swap" in mutual agreement with neighbors to the pre-1967 borders. The US and Israel are allies. Is it unreasonable to suggest that peace could be achieved by returning things taken by force? Does being allies mean never questioning ones allie? Is it a sort of "manifest destiny " that current Israel keep and expand its borders? Is there scriptural basis for not questioning Israels method or expansion?

A side topic, does all nations rising up Israel include the US rising up against Israel?

A US political figure "A" has claimed that another US political figure "Z" has "thrown Israel under the bus" due the latter figure stating that Israel "swap" in mutual agreement with neighbors to the pre-1967 borders. The US and Israel are allies. Is it unreasonable to suggest that peace could be achieved by returning things taken by force? Does being allies mean never questioning ones allie? Is it a sort of "manifest destiny " that current Israel keep and expand its borders? Is there scriptural basis for not questioning Israels method or expansion?

A side topic, does all nations rising up Israel include the US rising up against Israel?

When someone attacks you and you win it is customary that you keep what you want. In this case Isreal wanted enough territory to make it difficult for those who have sworn to destroy them to make good on their threats.

If Isreal were to concede to this ridiculous condition their Arab neighbors would use the enhanced position to attack with greater effect. So yes it is unreasonable and naive to suggest such an agreement.

Furthermore Israel was promised by our own government that they would never demand a return to the pre-1967 borders. Of course if we demand they do that then does Mexico have the right to demand back the territory we took from them? Israel is the only reason the region hasn't exploded already. Because of their military and nuclear weapons they keep everyone in check.

What I don't understand is why one of the Arab nations doesn't give some of its more massive lands to Palestine. I don't believe anyone wants this conflict to be over anyway. Who will they have to blame for everything if a treaty is agreed on.

I don't want this to become a political thread, but Israel has returned something like 93% of the land it seized in the 1967 war. The Golan Heights are mostly still under Israeli control and they probably will not return them to Syria until Syria will negotiate a peace agreement with Israel.

The United Nations recognized the Communist regime as the "real China" in 1971 22 years after the coup and sent the Taiwan representatives packing. It has been 44 years since the 1967 war, but still Israel is called upon to put itself in harm's way again.

As far as a scriptural basis, that is open to interpretation. I would not want to bet my life on my interpreatation, or that of anyone else.

Glenn

It's an insane idea. Hamas's overtly stated goal is to destroy Israelis, murdering every last one of them. The Holy Land has been fought over by the Muslims for thousands of years. This is a jihad, meaning "Holy War." It's not about politics but religion. They want ALL of the land back. Surrendering strategically essential land is suicidal for Israel and enabling genocidal maniacs for the U.S.; they're already firing rockets into Isarel and that's never going to stop. The whole idea that the Israelis took the land unjustly is a front for Hamas's real motives, which are religious and based on anger and shame.

Archived