The Offering of Righteousness

zelder

I had always wondered what the offering of righteousness was in D&C 13:1. We had a combined meeting about genealogy and the speaker stated that the offering of righteousness is a genealogical record of the whole human family to be given to the Lord at the time of the second coming.

Anybody else heard this?

Maybe they'll sacrifice a sheep?

D&C 59:8 works for me: "Thou shalt offer a sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in righteousness, even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit." That, and 3 Nephi 9:20.

:P

I had always wondered what the offering of righteousness was in D&C 13:1. We had a combined meeting about genealogy and the speaker stated that the offering of righteousness is a genealogical record of the whole human family to be given to the Lord at the time of the second coming.

Anybody else heard this?

I haven't heard that personally, I have always believed that the actions of of the faithful to obey the Lord and overcome the flesh was the offering of righteousness. There is no greater gift I think we can offer to Heavenly Father seeing that his goal is to bring the immorality and eternal life of man.

Archived