2 Apr SATURDAY AM SESSION

#.... Title........................ Recording

----- ----------------------------- ----------------

HB 66. Rejoice, the Lord Is King v1,3

HB 67. Glory to God on High v1-3

New... We Listen to a Prophet

Edited by HiJolly

Hi, Jolly :P

I'm making a trip this Summer to see the MOTAB on the East Coast tour. Can't send a PM to you for some reason so I ask here and maybe you can reply to me in private, or public.

In your personal opinion, if I want the best experience, is it better to go on a day with 1 show or 2? Is the first show or second better? Should I go near the beginning of the tour (washington) or near the end (toronto), noting either distance or burden is the same? Can you let know the set?

Thanks!

Hi, Jolly :P

I'm making a trip this Summer to see the MOTAB on the East Coast tour. Can't send a PM to you for some reason so I ask here and maybe you can reply to me in private, or public.

Public it is. That's awesome -- you are in for a treat!

In your personal opinion, if I want the best experience, is it better to go on a day with 1 show or 2? Is the first show or second better? Should I go near the beginning of the tour (washington) or near the end (toronto), noting either distance or burden is the same? Can you let know the set?

I think a 1 show day is a better experience, unless you're going to attend both shows in one day -- .

A one day performance is one full of anticipation (from a performer's POV) and when we finally get to it, we really give it our all. So it tends to be a powerful thing.

A two day performance, the first is still a powerful thing, but most of us are thinking in the back of our minds that we don't want to give it everything we've got, because we know we have a second performance that evening and we still want to have a clear, strong voice for that. Still, it's our first performance of the day and I sometimes forget myself & still give it all I've got.

The only problem with that is that sometimes that means when the evening performance rolls around, I'm a little tired in my voice and just don't have the same raw vocal power that I had earlier. OTOH, we tend to be more unified and polished the second time in one day.

So for me, I'd try to go to a single performance like Wolf Trap.

OTOH, if you go to Chautauqua the atmosphere there is so incredibly awesome, and you can hang out & still hear us sing -- I'd be in the amphitheater the first performance and then just hang out nearby for the second, and that would really be something.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts on it. Let me know what you decide! And I hope you enjoy it!

HiJolly