Some Interesting Stuff on Joseph's Birthday

volgadon

The Hebrew year 5566 lasted from the 24th of September, 1805 to the 12th of September, 1806.

This was the first year after the sabbatical year of 5565, and marked the beginning of a new seven year cycle.

Joseph Smith's birthday, the 23rd of December, 1805, was also the 2nd of Tebeth, the eighth and last day of Hannukah. That is, the eighth day of the celebrations occasioned by Judah Maccabee

Interesting stuff, indeed. I often get the idea that God seems to have "favorite" numbers when I see numbers which appear and reappear over and over and over as if they reflect some part of a cycle, and for pretty much the same reason, although many people scoff at the idea, I also see something "interesting" in what is referred to as the Mayan calendar, which I'm sure you and many other people also know isn't knowledge which was limited to only the "Maya".

The Hebrew year 5566 lasted from the 24th of September, 1805 to the 12th of September, 1806.

This was the first year after the sabbatical year of 5565, and marked the beginning of a new seven year cycle.

Joseph Smith's birthday...

You might find the Arabic years equally intriguing.

Archived