Elohim in the Bible

David Bokovoy

Please note that this thread in no way represents an effort to start a board war. However, there is in my estimation a truly fascinating thread in the anti-Mormon forum at the CARM site. Since this is a subject that many here at MA&D are interested in, I thought I would share the information with the board. I would not recommend spending too much time at the site, however, as it truly is in my estimation an extremely dark place. Still, some of you folks are really going to want to read the thread.

I posted a reply which was deleted. To me it illustrates perfectly the follies of an imperfect understanding of how to employ learning tools in reaching conclusions about ancient, translated texts.

Bu Strong's are goodest for define Hebroo werds!

Absolutely classic, David.

I've only skimmed it quickly, thus far. But I can see that it will richly reward a more careful reading.

That thread seems to be a rehashing of the earlier thread "Elohim the many uses" (or something like that) wherein Biblos get annihilated trying to claim the Hebrew was saying something it demonstrably didn't say. I guess they just can't bear to lose an argument and just had to wait for me to get banned before they started it up again.

That thread seems to be a rehashing of the earlier thread "Elohim the many uses" (or something like that) wherein Biblos get annihilated trying to claim the Hebrew was saying something it demonstrably didn't say. I guess they just can't bear to lose an argument and just had to wait for me to get banned before they started it up again.

I didn't realize that you had been banned. (That shows how carefully I monitor that toxic waste dump.)

Should I predict now that Elds too will be banned fairly soon? Would that be too daring? Or not daring enough?

Archived