Seriously No Politics ×

Angel Moroni Statue

wildraiders

I have heard several different explanations on which direction the Angel Moroni statues face on top of the temples. I have heard that they always point to the East or that they all point to Missouri (the location of the 2nd coming).

Does anyone know the correct answer?

I've heard the east thing. It probably doesn't matter. Temples in Asia should probably point west, since that is the direction of Jerusalem as seen from there.

I've also heard that when asked if the trumpet of the Angel Moroni on the SLC temple would sound upon the Second Coming, a General Authority responded that if it did it would be unfortunate, because it would blow pigeon dung all over downtown Salt Lake.

I have heard several different explanations on which direction the Angel Moroni statues face on top of the temples. I have heard that they always point to the East or that they all point to Missouri (the location of the 2nd coming).

Does anyone know the correct answer?

The angle points the same way as the front of the temple. In most cases this is due East. Some temples that do not face East are Seattle and Nauvoo (which face West), Oakland (North) and Idaho Falls (South East).

Archived