Sarah, Sumerian Princess

Maidservant

Can anyone a lot smarter than me tell me a little more about Abraham's wife, Sarai/ Sarah -- perhaps some extrabiblical information? I have read a little to whet my appetite and I can't seem to find any internet jackpot on it. I suppose one way to ask my question is -- why is she called a princess? What was her life like in Ur? Like I said, I read some really interesting stuff, I think on the Maxwell site, but I want more!!!

Thanks.

Can anyone a lot smarter than me tell me a little more about Abraham's wife, Sarai/ Sarah -- perhaps some extrabiblical information? I have read a little to whet my appetite and I can't seem to find any internet jackpot on it. I suppose one way to ask my question is -- why is she called a princess? What was her life like in Ur? Like I said, I read some really interesting stuff, I think on the Maxwell site, but I want more!!!

Thanks.

From off the top of my head I would think that since Abram was a high priest and also, as it is believe a king figure, then Sarai, his wife and sister would have been a princess. Check here for a better reporting...

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/books/070606sarai.html

Hey! Thanks for that Kevin. I wasn't aware that it was online. Yes, that is a dilly of a study on Sarah. I know there is much in the Zohar cocerning her also. Actually in the Jewish view of things, when Abraham said to her she is my sister, or rather, about her, to the Pharaoh who was taking her away from him, ole Schwartz (in his recently new book on Jewish Mythology) has shown in his magnum opus that Abraham was saying that of the Shekhinah, since she dwelt in Sarah, and as Wisdom, was considered the righteous man's (or the Tzaddik's) sister. I put that on a podcast lo these many months ago somewhere, somewhen......... if'n me ole brain stuff remembers correctly it was in the podcasts on the figure 7 in facsimile 2. Anyway, thanks for the link.

Archived