Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

The Indians are the Red Men


Recommended Posts

Posted
5 hours ago, Jay 4 Christ said:

The founding claim of the first in vision is the ONLY living and TRUE church.

That phrase is not found in the First Vision, but D&C 1:30 iirc and that is an incomplete quote, which affects the interpretation.  LDS do the same thing, so I am only making an observation here, not criticizing.

I also agree it is inherently insulting to nonLDS, but that doesn’t mean it dismisses the value of any other church.

Now as to what that phrase is meant to mean to LDS about other faiths, I find this useful though it is not authoritative.  I will look for that later, got to go.

https://rsc.byu.edu/witness-restoration/joseph-smith-only-true-living-church

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...