Seriously No Politics ×

Early Christian Theosis Quotes

Olavarria

e=mc2,

Since the Bible is also part of our scriptures, I'd say the scripture you presented would do rather nicely for this part.

Why then does the Mormon Church teaching of heavenly parents creating spirit children contradicts with what the Bible teaches?

JOhnny:

Why do you distort the doctrine of the atonement ... "infinite" implies that the atonement is applied all mankind.

That's not a distortion, that's the meaning of "infinite." You weren't aware of that?

Because of the Atonement an ADOPTED creature can be glorified, can be conformed to the image of the Son (Rom 8:17-30). As ADOPTED sons of God or "gods" they can inherit material things but they will not inherit God's natural attributes like omnipresent (1Kings 8:27), being omnipotent (Rev 19:6; 1Cor 15:28) and being the source of all things (1Cor 8:
6).

Nope. We are JOINT-HEIRS with Christ ***IN*** GOD. Please get it this time, IN GOD. Is there *ANY* limitation to God? We are IN God, hence have ALL His power, capacity, etc. Why would an omnipotent, omniscient being inhabit a limited finite weakling like us? Your logic is imbecilic.

e=mc2,

Did you read me say that?

Earlier you said "Since the Bible is also part of our scriptures, I'd say the scripture you presented would do rather nicely for this part."

I gave you the scriptures. You know where it came from.

It clearly did not come from the Mormon teaching that the spirit children had heavenly parents.

e=mc2,

That's not a distortion, that's the meaning of "infinite." You weren't aware of that?

Which Bible verses says ""infinite atonement" ... again your are distorting the doctrine of the atonement.

Nope. We are JOINT-HEIRS with Christ ***IN*** GOD. Please get it this time, IN GOD. Is there *ANY* limitation to God? We are IN God, hence have ALL His power, capacity, etc. Why would an omnipotent, omniscient being inhabit a limited finite weakling like us? Your logic is imbecilic.

JOINT-HEIRS only inhert the kingdom ... Which verse reveals JOINT-HEIRS have ALL His power ... your logic is not consistent with Holy Scripture.

Johnny:

It clearly did not come from the Mormon teaching that the spirit children had heavenly parents.

Not that particular one, no. It's not about that. So?

Johnny:

So?

Johnny:

Why then does the Mormon Church teaching of heavenly parents creating spirit children contradicts with what the Bible teaches?

Uhhhhhh, perhaps its because the Bible is not complete and perfect in and of itself? Duh.

e=mc2,

And what do you think the idea is behind the words "bring forth fruit"? We are DOING something.....HEY! This is whatI have been saying now for dozens pf posts. Glad to see you reenforcing it. And if God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost ABIDE in these persons, then I cannot possibly fathom having *ANY* limitations of any kinds. What? God dwelling with limitations?

The limitation is clear ... the indwelling God does the work (see scriptures below). The measure of His giving constitutes our limitations.

Phil.2

[13] For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1Cor.12

[6] And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Johnny:

The limitation is clear ... the indwelling God does the work (see scriptures below). The measure of His giving constitutes our limitations.

And the removal of the limitation is even clearer, we are ONE IN GOD. In God there are no limitations, therefore ours aren't existing IN GOD either, anymore than Christ having limitations because He is in God, and WE are IN THEM, as per John 17.

Johnny:

I still am not clear on what you believe ... do you believe spirit children can ONLY come from heavenly parents?

This is an aside that has nothing to do with God sharing His Glory and Power with us. Quit trying to go down a rabbit trail.

Johnny:

1Cor.12

[6] And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Agreed entirely. There is nothing we will do that is not under the direction and authority of God the Father, but this does nothing to refute the fact that we WILL be USING His powers for all manners of operations in the eternities. This is precisely what I have been saying all along. You are saying we won't have any powers, but I believe the scripture teaches otherwise, as right here which you quote.

e=mc2,

And the removal of the limitation is even clearer, we are ONE IN GOD.

Why do you distort scripture and add "the removal of the limitation" ... those joined are "one spirit", they are members of Christ.

1Cor 6

[15] Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

[16] What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

[17] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

In God there are no limitations, therefore ours aren't existing IN GOD either, anymore than Christ having limitations because He is in God, and WE are IN THEM, as per John 17.

We are limited because his measure of giving constitutes our limitations. The indwelling God does the work.

Phil.2

[13] For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Johnny:

Why do you distort scripture and add "the removal of the limitation" ... those joined are "one spirit", they are members of Christ.

Because Christ has NO limitations does He? Than being ONE with an unlimited Divine God is proof enough that we are not limited either. Christ REMOVES our limitations (the atonement), and we become ONE with GOD. Is an unlimited powerful being going to unite with a fallible, weak, limited being? If so, we acquire GOD'S power, as the scripture says. Christ SHARES the Father's Glory (John 17). I'm not distorting anything.

e=mc2,

This is an aside that has nothing to do with God sharing His Glory and Power with us. Quit trying to go down a rabbit trail.

The rabbit trail reveals that Mormon teaching contradicts what scripture reveals. Mormon teaching reveals that Man is limited since he needs a heavenly wife to create spirit children.

I find interesting you cannot answer the simple question of "Do you believe spirit children can ONLY come from heavenly parents?

e=mc2,

Agreed entirely. There is nothing we will do that is not under the direction and authority of God the Father, but this does nothing to refute the fact that we WILL be USING His powers for all manners of operations in the eternities. This is precisely what I have been saying all along. You are saying we won't have any powers, but I believe the scripture teaches otherwise, as right here which you quote.

Thanks for making my point "we WILL be USING His powers for all manners of operations in the eternities" ... men are limited by his giving ...

e=mc2,

Because Christ has NO limitations does He? Than being ONE with an unlimited Divine God is proof enough that we are not limited either. Christ REMOVES our limitations (the atonement), and we become ONE with GOD. Is an unlimited powerful being going to unite with a fallible, weak, limited being? If so, we acquire GOD'S power, as the scripture says. Christ SHARES the Father's Glory (John 17). I'm not distorting anything.

You are distoring the scriptures ... which verse says "Christ REMOVES our limitations"?

Johnny:

The rabbit trail reveals that Mormon teaching contradicts what scripture reveals. Mormon teaching reveals that Man is limited since he needs a heavenly wife to create spirit children.

I find interesting you cannot answer the simple question of "Do you believe spirit children can ONLY come from heavenly parents?

I find it interesting that you think I cannot answer your question.

Johnny:

You are distoring the scriptures ... which verse says "Christ REMOVES our limitations"?

No, I am disagreeing with your distortion of the meaning of scripture. Sin is limitations we have imposed on ouselves through our mortal weaknesses yes? Christ removes sin through His atonement (this is soooooo elementary, I cannot fathom you misunderstand this). Death is a limitation to our own longevity. Christ saves us from death, in other words we are resurrected (this is soooooooooooo elementary I cannot believe you don't get it yet). Christ shares the UNLIMITED Glory of the Father with us in order to make us ONE with God and IN GOD, as per John 17 (how many flippin trillions of times are you gonna make me show you this?!)..........

Johnny:

Again I ask ... Do you believe spirit children can ONLY come from heavenly parents?

And again I state, stay off rabbit trails because you have a ton of stuff you misunderstand about the power of God yet to resolve.

e=mc2,

(how many flippin trillions of times are you gonna make me show you this?!)..........

Since we have been through this before ... the only thing left is for you to answer the simple question:

Do you believe spirit children can ONLY come from heavenly parents?

If you are choose not answer this then I am done with this thread ...

Archived