Seriously No Politics ×

Bishops: Gay Partnerships "have Merit"

Daniel2

The bottom line is, the Bishops are aligned to Catholic teaching which is, look at the person first, as a loved by God, and created with an inherent dignity. Opposed to, looking at a person's sexual preferences first and then work to keep people separated from God based on that first look. (Intentionally or unintentionally.)

• 2 weeks later...

The terminology “Homosexual” or “Gay” or of similar wording needs not to be found in scripture to know that LGBT is wrong according to the Bible. Terminology has changed alot over the years and words have shifted their original meaning, but descriptions have not changed. The following 2 examples of scriptures clearly show the act of homosexuality in a way it was understood back then and still is today as being wrong.

- - -

Leviticus 18:22
“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. ( NIV )

Leviticus 20:13
“‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (NIV)

This does not mean we should reject those of same sex desires or relationships or cast them out. This means we should welcome them into our community with the desire to help them understand their ways of wrong behaviors and thinking and the correct way to behave and think when it comes to love and sex. We should help them, not hurt them.

The terminology “Homosexual” or “Gay” or of similar wording needs not to be found in scripture to know that LGBT is wrong according to the Bible. Terminology has changed alot over the years and words have shifted their original meaning, but descriptions have not changed. The following 2 examples of scriptures clearly show the act of homosexuality in a way it was understood back then and still is today as being wrong.

- - -

Leviticus 18:22

“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. ( NIV )

Leviticus 20:13

“‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (NIV)

This does not mean we should reject those of same sex desires or relationships or cast them out. This means we should welcome them into our community with the desire to help them understand their ways of wrong behaviors and thinking and the correct way to behave and think when it comes to love and sex. We should help them, not hurt them.

People get a vibe for getting viewed as needing to be "fixed". Which is not a form of love but is self centered, and hypocritical, since we all need "fixing". Otherwise, why a redemption for ALL, if there is no need?

People get a vibe for getting viewed as needing to be "fixed". Which is not a form of love but is self centered, and hypocritical, since we all need "fixing". Otherwise, why a redemption for ALL, if there is no need?

I did say anyone needed to be fixed. I said that their ( LGBT ) behaviors and think are wrong and we should be welcoming and supportive to them to show them the correct way of behaving and thing when it comes to love and sex. I shared scripture as my foundation for this view point of their behavior being wrong and my heart for my view point of being welcoming and supportive in teaching them a better way.

Archived