Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Dr. Hamblin Resigns From Interpreter?


Recommended Posts

Posted
I understand the desire of BYU to be more admired by the scholarly world. I also understand Dr Hamblin has limited time to give to both Interpreter and scholarly studies outside of Interpreter.

That said, my tithing pays a big chunk of BYU's existence. I would like to see them provide a benefit to the members throughout the world, who pay for its existence, yet have not attended there. I felt that FARMS was a good offering by the university to the members of the Church.

Now, I worry that many BYU scholars involved in Interpreter or FAIR or other similar projects will also be told to quit these projects and put their energy elsewhere, without giving us members any recourse or opportunity to receive such benefit. If such is the case, then why should members subsidize BYU, when it is supposed to be a benefit for the Church and its members?

I think we can have a balance here. I just hope BYU does not end up being another secular university.

But . . . where will all those San Diego County Mormon girls find husbands if there were no yBu? Heaven forbid they should attend Cal Fullerton and get involved with the institute program and attend local singles wards.

Posted (edited)

But . . . where will all those San Diego County Mormon girls find husbands if there were no yBu? Heaven forbid they should attend Cal Fullerton and get involved with the institute program and attend local singles wards.

We're always happy to have more women at the CSUF Institute. ;-).

A warning though. Learn to play Bananagrams.

Edited by TAO
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...