TAO Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 God doesn't take pleasure in the punishment of his children, no. But, he realizes the necessity of being just.
Bikeemikey Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 God doesn't take pleasure in the punishment of his children, no. But, he realizes the necessity of being just.What kind of justice does an indiscriminate natural disaster provide?
harfad Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 What kind of justice does an indiscriminate natural disaster provide?What looks like indiscriminate to you may not be so to God.
harfad Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 Not saying I disagree with you... It is just simply an unknowable.The fate of the SOPs is known. They have no forgiveness. Satan shares the same fate.
TAO Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 (edited) The fate of the SOPs is known. They have no forgiveness. Satan shares the same fate.Actually, if I remember right, there is a scriptural verse that says their ultimate fate is not known at the time being. But there is no forgiveness for them in this life, or the life to come, yes, you have that right. I'll have to go back and find it sometime. Edited November 5, 2012 by TAO 1
TAO Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 What kind of justice does an indiscriminate natural disaster provide?Patience. It teaches patience. And it teaches humility before the Lord, trusting that he knows what he is doing, and that he will do what is right even if we don't see it. That's part of what it teaches, I think. Perhaps there is more I don't quite understand at this time as well. But it definately teaches something, or provides justice for something, else God wouldn't be allowing bad things to happen, I would think.We will need patience and trust in the Lord in the world to come. Alot of it. That's part of what faith is, tbh... and I know it's hard to say 'yeah it's justified'. But I trust the Lord enough to do so =). I trust him. 1
Bikeemikey Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 Patience. It teaches patience. And it teaches humility before the Lord, trusting that he knows what he is doing, and that he will do what is right even if we don't see it. That's part of what it teaches, I think. Perhaps there is more I don't quite understand at this time as well. But it definately teaches something, or provides justice for something, else God wouldn't be allowing bad things to happen, I would think.We will need patience and trust in the Lord in the world to come. Alot of it. That's part of what faith is, tbh... and I know it's hard to say 'yeah it's justified'. But I trust the Lord enough to do so =). I trust him.I agree with everything you have said, I also trust god, I just don't think he authors disasters.
harfad Posted November 6, 2012 Posted November 6, 2012 I agree with everything you have said, I also trust god, I just don't think he authors disasters.Do you think he sends people down to hell?
TAO Posted November 6, 2012 Posted November 6, 2012 (edited) I agree with everything you have said, I also trust god, I just don't think he authors disasters.Well that's up to you, defiantely =). But... what about when Christ died, as described in the Book of Mormon? All of the Earthquakes and Storms and Whirlwinds and such. What do you think caused those if not God?Could you settle with that he sometimes authors disasters (but not all of the time)? Edited November 6, 2012 by TAO
Bikeemikey Posted November 6, 2012 Posted November 6, 2012 Well that's up to you, defiantely =). But... what about when Christ died, as described in the Book of Mormon? All of the Earthquakes and Storms and Whirlwinds and such. What do you think caused those if not God?Could you settle with that he sometimes authors disasters (but not all of the time)? I could settle with the idea that Christ and the earth are connected in ways we do no understand and that when Christ went through pain and death the world had a real physical response to this and we got earthquakes and volcanos erupting etc.In much the same way you hear bad news about something while on the phone and a few second later your phone is in pieces on the ground because you smashed it.Did the person who gave me bad news cause me to break my phone? Only in a very indirect way. Likewise, when Christ died it impact the fabric of the earth and the earth reacted - was it targeted and directly caused and authored by Christ. I don't think so.Cheers.
Bikeemikey Posted November 6, 2012 Posted November 6, 2012 Do you think he sends people down to hell?No. We do that to ourselves.
Bikeemikey Posted November 6, 2012 Posted November 6, 2012 Well that's up to you, defiantely =). But... what about when Christ died, as described in the Book of Mormon? All of the Earthquakes and Storms and Whirlwinds and such. What do you think caused those if not God?Could you settle with that he sometimes authors disasters (but not all of the time)? I could settle with the idea that Christ and the earth are connected in ways we do no understand and that when Christ went through pain and death the world had a real physical response to this and we got earthquakes and volcanos erupting etc.In much the same way you hear bad news about something while on the phone and a few second later your phone is in pieces on the ground because you smashed it.Did the person who gave me bad news cause me to break my phone? Only in a very indirect way. Likewise, when Christ died it impact the fabric of the earth and the earth reacted - was it targeted and directly caused and authored by Christ. I don't think so.Cheers.
TAO Posted November 6, 2012 Posted November 6, 2012 M'kay. Well as said, one can have one's own opinions on the issue, definately =).
Recommended Posts