Ancient Onboard Aquariums

BookofMormonLuvr

What about the book of mormon is it supposed to prove? (sincere question)

First, let me ask you...

Do you believe Joseph Smith knew that the ancients had aquarium carrying vessels?

First, let me ask you...

Do you believe Joseph Smith knew that the ancients had aquarium carrying vessels?

I have no idea what Joseph Smith knew but I would suspect that there was no evidence at the time indicating ancients had aquarium carrying vessels. I will also say I'm not really a critic of the BOM. Having the truth of the BOM "proven" would not lead me to the LDS Church. I consider the two seperate issues.

I have no idea what Joseph Smith knew but I would suspect that there was no evidence at the time indicating ancients had aquarium carrying vessels.

Fair enough...

Ether 2:2

And they did also lay snares and catch fowls of the air; and they did also prepare a vessel, in which they did carry with them the fish of the waters.

Now, I know this is referring to a land journey, but we also know they crossed many waters during that journey and then the ocean. There is no account of them ever abandoning the fish along the way.

I have no idea what Joseph Smith knew but I would suspect that there was no evidence at the time indicating ancients had aquarium carrying vessels. I will also say I'm not really a critic of the BOM. Having the truth of the BOM "proven" would not lead me to the LDS Church. I consider the two seperate issues.

They are two separate issues, which is why I am not LDS, but a RLDS Restorationist.

They are two separate issues, which is why I am not LDS, but a RLDS Restorationist.

That is my point I suppose. I'm not sure that Mormonism can be true if the BofM is false but I do believe that Mormonism can be false (or aspects of it can be false) even if the BofM is proven true.

First, let me ask you...

I suppose it is within the realm of possibility (willing to conced that it is very unlikely) that Joseph Smith had heard of Phiny the Elder and the Parrotfish. I'm not sure this qualifies as proof of the BofM but is it certainly interesting information that seems to lend some credibility to an aspect of the BofM. Pretty amazing what those romans could do.

I like the comment that someone made actually below the article...."It was obviously a mermaid tank"

That being said Jerry Ainsworth has some interesting theories about this 8th vessel full of fish and how it played out in the brother of Jared moving Mt. Zerin. He speculated that its sole purpose was to replinish the New World with fish. Without going into too much details I'll try to post the link to his theory in a bit.

Archived