"Magdalena" On Carm

Pahoran

Over on the Traitors and Haters' board, there is a current thread discussing the Church's application for an Intesa (Understanding) with the Italian government. This would streamline many of the Church's normal ecclesiastical activities. It would also theoretically make the Church eligible for a tax-funded subsidy. Despite the fact that the Church's draft request includes the proviso that it would never accept any such funds, some of the hate clique are adamantly determined that the Church must be after the money.

In response to my pointing out two cases where the Church refused tax funds, Kevin Graham posted a link to a newspaper story showing large EU farm subsidies being paid to big landowners in the UK, including the Church. The story was published in the Independent, a well-known left-wing tabloid owned by a former KGB agent. Kevin then added his own commentary, thus:

So the LDS arm is a foreign non-profit organization milking millions from British tax payers. This is funding that should be going to British farmers who depend on it for their livelihoods.

In googling for information about this, I came across this CARM archive. It contains the following remarks by "Magdalena:"

So they're a foreign non-profit organization bilking millions of dollars from the UK government and tax payers. Money that should be going to British farmers who depend on it for their livelihoods.

Isn't that remarkable?

Regards,

Pahoran

Stupid. When the Church in the 1930s got their official recognition in Austria and Germany, they turned down the 1% of gross tithing collected by the Gov't from member wages. At the time of adoption of those pieces of legislation, people were required to declare whether they were RC or Lutheran in Austria/Germany. You could not be a Church member and opt out unless the Church expressly waived its collection rights.

Why anybody would think the Church would choose to enjoy a right in Italy they waived in Austria/Germany is beyond me.

Well . . . maybe not so beyond as all that.

Stupid. When the Church in the 1930s got their official recognition in Austria and Germany, they turned down the 1% of gross tithing collected by the Gov't from member wages. At the time of adoption of those pieces of legislation, people were required to declare whether they were RC or Lutheran in Austria/Germany. You could not be a Church member and opt out unless the Church expressly waived its collection rights.

Why anybody would think the Church would choose to enjoy a right in Italy they waived in Austria/Germany is beyond me.

Well . . . maybe not so beyond as all that.

The only thing that website is able to recognize as "truth" is their hatred of the LDS Church. I consider them rabid and refuse to even go there to read anymore; let alone post anything. The adversary is in control there, which makes it very difficult to remember that the anti-LDS posters are our spirit brothers and sisters inside of their temples of flesh which are being influenced by the dominions of darkness which currently have power over the earth. It saddens me that I must admit it is easier to still love them when I put distance between us.

I still have so far to go in my journey of becoming one with my Savior.

jo

Archived