One Of My Poems - Tomorrow

This month there are a lot of changes in my life. I'm moving to a new city, which means I am changing wards and moving away from friends. This month also marks a big change in my life with the discovery of my Adult ADHD and learning how to deal with it. When ever I think of big changes, I look back on a poem I wrote years ago that helps to remind me of the importance of changing the right things in my life. It seems appropriate to share ...

Tomorrow

7/10/2007

Today I welcome the change to who I might be

I imagine it will be full of truth, a plan made just for me.

As I cross the threshold to the unknown,

I have hope that the words of Christ will bring me home.

I look to the future with excitement and grace,

A confident humility awaits me in my new place.

I know that where I have been is no longer worthy.

The future will lead me into his presence and it’s where I must be.

I have the gifts, the words, and the Holy Ghost.

Inspire me when the sea rages and the winds blow,

That you will be here for me when the storms come at night,

To make them calm again, and make things right.

Lord lead me with every future step.

So that I may be prepared to take the next.

I greet the new future with arms open wide

Lord lead me, that I may be safe,

To the past, I say goodbye.

This month there are a lot of changes in my life. I'm moving to a new city, which means I am changing wards and moving away from friends. This month also marks a big change in my life with the discovery of my Adult ADHD and learning how to deal with it. When ever I think of big changes, I look back on a poem I wrote years ago that helps to remind me of the importance of changing the right things in my life. It seems appropriate to share ...

Tomorrow

7/10/2007

Today I welcome the change to who I might be

I imagine it will be full of truth, a plan made just for me.

As I cross the threshold to the unknown,

I have hope that the words of Christ will bring me home.

I look to the future with excitement and grace,

A confident humility awaits me in my new place.

I know that where I have been is no longer worthy.

The future will lead me into his presence and it’s where I must be.

I have the gifts, the words, and the Holy Ghost.

Inspire me when the sea rages and the winds blow,

That you will be here for me when the storms come at night,

To make them calm again, and make things right.

Lord lead me with every future step.

So that I may be prepared to take the next.

I greet the new future with arms open wide

Lord lead me, that I may be safe,

To the past, I say goodbye.

I know this poem hits home to each and every one of us at one point or another.. {great job!}:)

I know this poem hits home to each and every one of us at one point or another.. {great job!}:)

jadams_4242,

I agree, and think it should hit home with all good members. There are times when change is more dramatic than others, but, in my opinion, there should always be something we are improving with ourselves, if not we have stopped improving. Most members that follow the spirit will realize that life is seldom like a GPS when it announces "You have arrived", Instead, we sometimes take a bit too much pride in our accomplishments and begin to listen to that GPS. There are several things that I have learned recently. We, those that are on the earth at present, are nearly all at the same level of spiritually when you look at it from an eternal perspective. In other words, all of us are so far from attaining what God has now, that it pretty much puts us all on the same footing. We spend a lot of time comparing ourselves to others, trying to see how we measure up. When we do we take our mind off of the eternal perspective, and realize that we must be worthy of grace in order to attain perfection. That means doing everything we can to move forward. Further, if we use others to gauge our own progression, we may be robbing ourselves of our own potential to do what we can - therefore we can possibly rob ourselves of being worthy of grace. I've had deep thoughts on how I perceived my own life and where I am at currently and have come to the conclusion that we simply must never give up on our progression. Even though our own measurements of progression might be skewed by limitations that we are simply not aware of, and of course others that we are aware of. For example, people that stutter may have trouble with giving talks and expressing themselves. We may think they would not be a good bishop, or a teacher or even a friend. We, as family and friends can decide to either try and understand their condition and support them, or simply tell them to stop stuttering and walk away in annoyance. This also is true with many conditions that are known, and also those that are unknown. Perhaps this is part of the message when Christ tells us to turn the other cheek.

One thing is for sure. Being a single guy in my later years, and having an understanding now of the above, it allows me to relax a bit of my self-critical nature when judging my own progress to date. There have been times that I have been so critical that I have incorrectly wondered if it was worth the anxiety to keep going caused by my self-critical nature. The fact is, what else are we to do? The church is led by Christ, of that I have no doubt. Should I and those that are like me, stop our own progress by our own inaction? It would seem that we would not only be damming ourselves, but also robbing the understanding of eternal principles of this concept to those around us. Perhaps this is why we are here, with the challenges we have?

I suppose this concept could be used on any major challenge that effects people. These may include ....

1, ADHD

2, Stuttering

3, Anxiety

4, Bi-Polar Disorder

5. Obesity

6. Hypersomnia

7. Schizophrenia

8. Down's syndrome

9, Depression

10. and the list goes on ...

Edited by Messenger