Temples

MatthewG

Missed the 1st conference on Saturday. Apparently there were new temples announced, can someone post where, and anyone else post their thoughts on the new locations.

Meridian, Idaho

Ft Collins, Colorado

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

See Duncan's topic on how Temple cities are chosen.

Lehi

As an active LDS in the Boise area I really don't understand why the Church is building a temple in Meridian.

Can you find a seat in the first session you would be ready for when you attend on a Saturday morning? How about Tuesday at 4:00 pm?

Lehi

As an active LDS in the Boise area I really don't understand why the Church is building a temple in Meridian. The temples will at max be 10 minutes form each other. The Treasure Valley just isn't that big of an area.

Don't sweat it. At least you don't live in S. Jordan. They have two temples in their city limits. You can see 4 temples from one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the temples and attending. It's just.......

I'm sorry, but t his just doesn't make any sense to me. Even though we're within a half-hour drive (with traffic, 20 min without), I'd like a Temple as close as when I lived in Rose Park (northwest Salt Lake City). It was barely 20 min by bus.

Lehi

As an active LDS in the Boise area I really don't understand why the Church is building a temple in Meridian. The temples will at max be 10 minutes form each other. The Treasure Valley just isn't that big of an area.

An informant of mine (who like all other informants has requested to remain anonymous) says this is the direct result of the Packer faction slamming its heavy fist on a certain counter-cult ministry that happens to rhyme (ironically) with the word "HARM" and is headquartered in said city.

Archived