Tetragrammaton

inquiringmind

Did Joseph Smith ever explain the meaning of the Tetragrammaton?

He may have received instruction on it from J.Seixas, his Jewish Hebrew teacher, but it is not clear that he ever explained that technical matter. However, there are some hints of his understanding, although (as Volgadon says) the matter was somewhat "fluid" in the 19th century.

In D&C 110:2-3, during Passover and on the Sabbath, April 3, 1836, Joseph Smith & Oliver Cowdery had a vision of

Or names like Ahijah "Jehovah is my brother/friend," a name that appears no less than 24 times in the Hebrew Bible. How inconvenient that it directly/indirectly supports the LDS concept of all people being the spirit brothers and sisters of Christ.

I was actually planning on posting about this, so I'm glad you brought it up. Ahijah means like you said YHWH is my brother, or, rather, YHWH is my kinsman. It also has a lot to do with the role of a redeemer.

I was actually planning on posting about this, so I'm glad you brought it up. Ahijah means like you said YHWH is my brother, or, rather, YHWH is my kinsman. It also has a lot to do with the role of a redeemer.

Very interesting.

Archived