Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Mowing Poison Grass


Magyar

Recommended Posts

Posted

Not at all. I merely pointed out that what your opinion is, is not a doctrine or belief of the Church, since you were presenting it as an answer to a question. I did not want someone looking for answers to think yours was correct and since no one can prove a negative - its up to you to prove its true -- You have been given a couple days now and still have not (and I for one know you can not)

No, my friend, there is more to it.

Everyone is offering their OPINION on what will happen, yet you felt it incumbent upon you to point out that MY post was just an opinion. You obviously have an issue with MY post, not people sharing their opinions, which I find very curious. What was it about MY post that sent your fingers racing to the keyboard to clarify that it was just my opinion?

I have shown why I believe the way I do. Just because you don't LIKE my answer doesn't mean I haven't offered an answer.

Posted

Therein lies the issue... I can believe what Brigham, the LDS prophet, declared as inspiration, or what some lower Apostle said years later, without claim to inspiration on the matter.

So do what you will, that is fine. I will do what I will do, and you for yourself, and God will judge us later on according to our works. It is not for me to judge your path - for only you are responsible for it.

See my answer above.

Just making you aware that there are alternatives ;-).

Those aren't my main reasons for leaving. In fact, if I believed in the LDS concept of eternal progression, I would gladly embrace Adam-God as taught by Brigham Young.

I don't care about whether you left or not, nor do I care about what you believe. That's not for me to choose. But be careful about dismissing what later apostles and prophets have said, as that may come back to haunt you later. Just be wary, that is all.

Eternal Progression... mmm... though it's nice, everlasting families are the nicest thing for me, that they are.

No, but it is good to offer some type of counter view if you are so ready to dismiss the view of another. I am interested in what is wrong with my views as they pertain to the actual topic of this thread. I am more then willing to consider other views on most matters. Your brother has just dismissed my view with an arrogant wave of the hand, offering no alternative view for me to consider.

I am not one to point out the view of others that are wrong... I am not a person who likes attacking others beliefs. I offer hopes in different directions than the one they are currently going in, but it is not for me to choose the path they take. I give thoughts, but it is up to them to add the meaning to them. If you wish to discuss this, I would be glad to, but only you can choose that path, not I.

In any case, I would hope that others would be more respectful than they have been to you in the past.

Peace be with you.

Best Wishes,

TAO

Posted

No, my friend, there is more to it.

Everyone is offering their OPINION on what will happen, yet you felt it incumbent upon you to point out that MY post was just an opinion. You obviously have an issue with MY post, not people sharing their opinions, which I find very curious. What was it about MY post that sent your fingers racing to the keyboard to clarify that it was just my opinion?

I have shown why I believe the way I do. Just because you don't LIKE my answer doesn't mean I haven't offered an answer.

And had you prefaced your answer with "My OPINION is:" I would have said nothing. You didn't do that however so I pointed out that it was not doctrine -- which now you are admitting -- glad to see you are agreeing with what I said.

Posted

So do what you will, that is fine. I will do what I will do, and you for yourself, and God will judge us later on according to our works. It is not for me to judge your path - for only you are responsible for it.

Just making you aware that there are alternatives ;-).

I don't care about whether you left or not, nor do I care about what you believe. That's not for me to choose. But be careful about dismissing what later apostles and prophets have said, as that may come back to haunt you later. Just be wary, that is all.

Eternal Progression... mmm... though it's nice, everlasting families are the nicest thing for me, that they are.

I am not one to point out the view of others that are wrong... I am not a person who likes attacking others beliefs. I offer hopes in different directions than the one they are currently going in, but it is not for me to choose the path they take. I give thoughts, but it is up to them to add the meaning to them. If you wish to discuss this, I would be glad to, but only you can choose that path, not I.

In any case, I would hope that others would be more respectful than they have been to you in the past.

Peace be with you.

Best Wishes,

TAO

Reincarnation in a nice idea too. The idea that you get untold numbers of opportunities to improve until you achieve Nirvana is a wonderful concept, but that doesn't make it true. People believe all sorts of things because they sound nice. Just sayin'

Posted

Reincarnation in a nice idea too. The idea that you get untold numbers of opportunities to improve until you achieve Nirvana is a wonderful concept....

I find the idea of reincarnation totally repugnant. Who on earth would want to repeat this life in whatever form?

Posted

I find the idea of reincarnation totally repugnant. Who on earth would want to repeat this life in whatever form?

The fact that you aren't condemned for eternity because you were a bad guy in one life and that you get as many chances as you need, sounds like a wonderful concept to me- even though I know it is false doctrine. (BTW, for some people the idea of living with their family for eternity is probably repugnant.)

I repeat... Just because something sounds wonderful doesn't mean it is true.

Posted

Reincarnation in a nice idea too. The idea that you get untold numbers of opportunities to improve until you achieve Nirvana is a wonderful concept, but that doesn't make it true. People believe all sorts of things because they sound nice. Just sayin'

*shrugs* Eternal Families is better =).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...