Seriously No Politics ×

Eternal As A Synonym For God

jwhitlock

In the PBS interview for "The Mormons" with Dallin Oaks, he makes the following interesting statement:

That is the purpose of the life of men and women on this earth: to pursue their eternal destiny. Eternal means Godlike and to become like God.

In dictionary.com, one of the definitions of "eternal" does refer to God. Is anyone else familiar with some of the other roots of "eternal" that might indicate it is more of a synonym for "God" from a scriptural standpoint? It would especially be interesting in the context of John 17:3.

In the PBS interview for "The Mormons" with Dallin Oaks, he makes the following interesting statement:

In dictionary.com, one of the definitions of "eternal" does refer to God. Is anyone else familiar with some of the other roots of "eternal" that might indicate it is more of a synonym for "God" from a scriptural standpoint? It would especially be interesting in the context of John 17:3.

JSJr said the term was gnolaum, which looks an awful lot like Gollum, except that it's pronounced 'olam in XXth/XXIst Century orthography.

USU "I'm sure somebody, somewhere thinks we worship trolls and now I've gone and provided proof" 78

JSJr said the term was gnolaum, which looks an awful lot like Gollum, except that it's pronounced 'olam in XXth/XXIst Century orthography.

USU "I'm sure somebody, somewhere thinks we worship trolls and now I've gone and provided proof" 78

Pearl of great price = my precious ?

By George, I think you've done it.

You've now unleashed the last secret of the universe. :P

Archived