Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Mis Pi Pit Pi And Alma The Younger


Recommended Posts

Posted

Only a few minutes ago I happened to be reading an article on the garents of light. I'll drop you an email.

Rabbinic and later texts would also point to the sort of thing you describe as the background to the Golem myth. The opening of the mouth ceremony still existed in Late Antiquity, in various forms.

Posted

Beckerleg also discusses the kin relationship between God and mankind described in Genesis, which would fit well with Alma's claim about those converted becoming God's "sons and daughters." This is yet another example of Alma's creation imagery.

Posted

Only a few minutes ago I happened to be reading an article on the garents of light. I'll drop you an email.

Rabbinic and later texts would also point to the sort of thing you describe as the background to the Golem myth. The opening of the mouth ceremony still existed in Late Antiquity, in various forms.

Thanks! I look forward to it.

Posted

This is tangential to the main topic, but inspired by something in the op. Did ANE religion have anything like the concept of "Drawing down the god(dess)" where the Priest(ess)'s body is taken over (by invitation) by the deity for the duration of the ritual?

Posted

This is tangential to the main topic, but inspired by something in the op. Did ANE religion have anything like the concept of "Drawing down the god(dess)" where the Priest(ess)'s body is taken over (by invitation) by the deity for the duration of the ritual?

There is a lot of debate over that.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...