Fair Podcast Series Explores Homosexuality Among Latter-Day Saints

Sky

Mr. Wilson has been discussed here before, curiously, in a thread you started in a similar fashion, Sky:

http://www.mormondia...__fromsearch__1

Interesting that you've started an almost identical thread in the past to share the exact same story... Also interesting that there aren't multitiudes of other LDS gay men like him sharing their stories...

By way of emphasizing the positive I see in the article, I think it's very noteworthy and highly commendable that the FAIR article opens with the phrase: "Wilson is also gay" (emphasis added). The use of the terminology "gay" is a shift in terminology that is, IMO, significant.

Daniel2

Interesting that you've started an almost identical thread in the past to share the exact same story... Also interesting that there aren't multitiudes of other LDS gay men like him sharing their stories...

I just wanted to share this with anybody who might not have known about it, because my last thread didn't seem to gain much traction. This thread doesn't seem to be gaining much traction either. But I can live with that. I prefer to start threads in the "General Discussions" section rather than the "In the News" section as the former gets more views and responses. But this is a story that I think needs and deserves to be heard. And I agree with you that it is interesting that there are not more LDS SSA/gay men sharing their stories. I wish there were more! But at least we have this one!

By way of emphasizing the positive I see in the article, I think it's very noteworthy and highly commendable that the FAIR article opens with the phrase: "Wilson is also gay" (emphasis added). The use of the terminology "gay" is a shift in terminology that is, IMO, significant.

Daniel2

Interesting that they would use the word "gay" when Wilson says he is no longer tempted by same-gender attraction.

Archived