Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Secondary Theme To Gardner'S "The Gift And Power"


Recommended Posts

Posted

What an amazing book BTW. I loved how Brant doesn't ignore or back down from any plausible negative arguments. He really puts forth a detailed explanation that makes things more realistic and believable for someone like myself. Anyway, I was thinking about another possible theme to his book, one he kind of hints about it in the end anyway. Understanding the process for JS's revelatory process helps us understand how to use that gift in our own lives. In other words, understanding a more natural explanation for the process and less of a "Magical" process makes it easier to apply it to our regular lives. Also, as a medical professional I have always felt that the spirit somehow connects to the body on a pre-cognative thought level. His explanation of JS's reception of the divine inspiration fits well with my understanding.

Thanks Brant for a great work!

Posted
... Also, as a medical professional I have always felt that the spirit somehow connects to the body on a pre-cognative thought level. His explanation of JS's reception of the divine inspiration fits well with my understanding.

I believe & feel that the spirit is very connected to the body subconsciously.

I've heard that the "book of life" mentioned in the scriptures is likely our spiritual bodies that have memories of everything we've experienced.

I also believe what Joseph Smith taught... that the same spirit that posesses our bodies now will continue on afterlife. So... no "heaven's reward falacy" - suffering all we can to ensure happiness after life. We need to learn to have joy NOW.

I think the most influential teaching Joseph Smith shared was that we each are entitled to personal revelation... & that truth will carve itself.

I believe that happiness depends on seeking truth & goodness through both logical reasoning & spiritual revelation.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...