BookofMormonLuvr Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 (edited) A text I reviewed recently intrigued me. I will not quote the text in question, but the gist is that as Eloheim is confronting satan, satan gets indignant and essentially says, "Why are you getting mad? I am just doing what has been done on other worlds." The implication seems to be that satan messed with how things were normally done when starting to starting a new world. In fact, satan seems the most irate at the fact the he was just doing something that has always been done, and now all of a sudden he is being punished for it.Any ideas? Did satan mess with the normal protocols for starting a new world? Is there anything is ancient mythology that would back such a theory?Thanks. Edited September 13, 2011 by BookofMormonLuvr
BookofMormonLuvr Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 I apologize if the topic violates some code of conduct here. If it is not allowed, I would still like to hear peoples ideas privately. Thanks!
Nathair/|\ Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 As I understand it (and IIRC, Nibley pointed out); the issue was that Satan was acting without authority, that is: it wasn't his place to do what he did. 1
Nathair/|\ Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 I apologize if the topic violates some code of conduct here. If it is not allowed, I would still like to hear peoples ideas privately. Thanks!I'd edit out the mention of the temple. The account exists in other places, so that should be sufficient.
David T Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 (edited) The implication is that knowledge and wisdom was granted to the first covenant people elsewhere. Satan was not the person authorized to do such, and in trying to fulfill this role (as he tried to usurp the role of savior, and even possibly the role of First Man as I explore in this blog post The three Rejected Roles of Satan), he took on an unauthorized role in an unauthorized way.The implication in terms of the narrative is that Adam and Eve were supposed to be properly introduced to Knowledge and Wisdom, and this was the pattern, but not necessarily by him, and not necessarily in this way.EDIT: What Nathair said Edited September 13, 2011 by nackhadlow
BookofMormonLuvr Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 As I understand it (and IIRC, Nibley pointed out); the issue was that Satan was acting without authority, that is: it wasn't his place to do what he did.So are you saying that normally God calls someone to tempt the first man and woman of each world- but that He didn't get a chance to this time, because satan stepped in?
Hestia Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 Automatic generated message This topic has been closed by a moderator. Reason: no references to temple content Kind regards, Mormon Dialogue & Discussion Board Staff
Recommended Posts