He is risen

Messenger

Today I am preparing the Home Teaching lesson for this month. So, my hope is that by submitting this post it can somehow spur some additional inspiration to the subject that might benefit the people I home teach.

When Mary Magdalene and the other Mary approached the tomb of the dead Jesus they were met by an angel who uttered these words, “Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen”. After all, they expected his body to be there, dead. They knew him, were with him and supported him during his ministry. And now his body was gone from the tomb…. Could he yet still be alive?!

It’s a moment that proved who he was and what his mission was; to pay for the sins of all mankind and allow us to be resurrected and live again. The fact that he was still alive not only was a celebration in itself to his friends and family, but much more profound in knowing that they, and even mankind, would also be alive after death. Things had changed – because it was no longer simply a hope, it was a fact that we would live forever.

It is difficult to comprehend that Christ’s atonement would cover every living being on this earth, past, present and future, but also the every living being everywhere on every planet throughout the universe whose numbers are like the sands on the beach and without number. And when I do something wrong, and work on repentance, I actually feel sin removed – all from an act of Christ over 2000 years ago.

As we celebrate the life of Christ, may we not only celebrate the individual meaning of what his life has meant to us personally, but may we celebrate the universal truth that we are all his brothers and sisters, and that we also will live forever.

Archived