What is the "holy anointing"

zelder

http://en.fairmormon...amous_marriages

The paragraphs just above conclusion go into some speculation about it.

I hope it helps one understand it better... it's a tough subject =/.

Thankyou very much for that link. When the topic of polygamy comes up, I often hear women complain that if men can have multiple wives, why can't women have multiple husbands. I used to scoff at that but I have learned that some women actually would like to have multiple husbands. Even more suprising to me was when I learned that some men have a desire to share their wives with other men. I have to ask myself, maybe polyandry really not so unnatural. Would god condemn a man who was willing and desirous to share his wive with another man in a committed marriage? Its not as productive (childbearing wise) but I think it could still be a sucessfull and loving relationship. Why not?

Thankyou very much for that link.

Not a problem =).

When the topic of polygamy comes up, I often hear women complain that if men can have multiple wives, why can't women have multiple husbands. I used to scoff at that but I have learned that some women actually would like to have multiple husbands. Even more suprising to me was when I learned that some men have a desire to share their wives with other men. I have to ask myself, maybe polyandry really not so unnatural. Would god condemn a man who was willing and desirous to share his wive with another man in a committed marriage? Its not as productive (childbearing wise) but I think it could still be a sucessfull and loving relationship. Why not?

Indeed there are some out there. I don't know if I personally could be in one of those relationships - I would if God asked me too - but I think I personally would struggle with it, unless he gave me strength.

Really, I think the point of it all in the end, is that those who deserve exaltation receive it, and they can't do it without a spouse =). That's a just enough reason for me.

Not a problem =).

Indeed there are some out there. I don't know if I personally could be in one of those relationships - I would if God asked me too - but I think I personally would struggle with it, unless he gave me strength.

Really, I think the point of it all in the end, is that those who deserve exaltation receive it, and they can't do it without a spouse =). That's a just enough reason for me.

I don't think I could do it either. Thinking about it gives a man empathy for women who don't want to share their husband though, which I think is a good thing.

Archived