Seriously No Politics ×

Should the Bible be taken literaly?... what about the Book of Momon?

Mudcat

Impatient no, That is why I said because it suited His needs or something to that effect. Though there is debate about the days of creation could be a 24 hour day since it wasn't until either the 3 or 4 day he created the stars so people could tell time and dates etc. So if there was no time before that how could it be a 24 hour day. So IMO it was days as in individual events, but scripture is vague on this.

Do you think God Impatient, or that there may not have been other things He was doing as well?

would you give a few examples of thing you find are better to be understood as allegorical or just non-literal? Because I do agree that parables are allegorical but they are literally what was taught as an event being recorded. Like there is the contradiction between what is said about Jesus visiting Saul and how Paul later repeated it. In one of the accounts it says he alone heard the voice, in the other it is said that all heard it. I think this is not an error in its recording, but rather an error on Paul's part that was accurately written.

James

6 day creation - to me this doesn't seem factually compelling for a number of reasons if we assume a literal interpretation. I don't consider the Genesis account an adopted myth, per se, but I think it might be better understood that God is trying to communicate his provenance towards man through creation to a primitive people with and limited language..only a 9,000 word vocabulary IIRC.

The expectation that God has given a supremely literal view of the facts of creation to such a people and that this account is fully compatible with modern expansions in science and language seems a bit out of place to me.

That is one.

Hell is another, but I am pressed for time at the moment, so I can't really add much.

Regards,

Mudcat

Archived