DubaDNura Posted February 11, 2010 Posted February 11, 2010 It looks like some things got messed up between my word processor and this forum. I'll try to clean up the post later. In the mean time, sorry about the sloppiness.Also, the fact that you grew up around Tzfat: very cool!! Unfortunately, I was only able to visit there once. I'd love to return some day. My wife wants to move to Tzfat. I live in the US. But, since I'm the guy that has to put food on the table, I've ruled out Tzfat for the time being.
Facsimile 3 Posted February 11, 2010 Posted February 11, 2010 This is such a good motivation for me to learn Hebrew. Until then, I will have to settle for my yellow hardbound vol. 1 Zohar (thanks again Daniel. C Matt).
DubaDNura Posted February 12, 2010 Posted February 12, 2010 This is my explanation of one of the passages of the Zohar that were brought above. I'm already well into the next section. I probably won't be able to post the next section until Sunday at the earliest.By the way, Volgadon, thanks for that explanation of the section you brought from Nephi. That's interesting. That isn't exactly the same way in which I used the term Ruach HaKodesh before. But it is similar enough. I want to think about that a bit.--Now lets turn to the sections out of the Zohar that werebrought above. I
volgadon Posted February 12, 2010 Author Posted February 12, 2010 It is impossible to understand the simple desire, so ourintellectual comprehension goes no further than Chochma. Beyond that point,nothing is known, because desire is not
WalkerW Posted February 13, 2010 Posted February 13, 2010 "I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day
DubaDNura Posted February 18, 2010 Posted February 18, 2010 (Zohar), Radiance! Sowing seed for itsglory, like the seed of fine purple silk wrapping itself within, weaving itselfa palace, constituting its praise, availing all.<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">This statement introduces the ideaof a Levush
DubaDNura Posted March 15, 2010 Posted March 15, 2010 Sorry for the long absence. This is the second to last statement in the passage above, with my explanations.With this beginning, theunknown concealed one created the palace. This palace is called (Elohim), God.The secret is: (Bereshit bara Elohim), With beginning, ________ created God.(Genesis 1:1) The Zohar concludes, based uponall of the above, that the palace/room (that is, the Heichal of Malchut
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.