Book of Enoch and advent of civilization

Truth

Depending on whether you give credence to the Book of Enoch account of the angels, or whatever, giving technology to men, will make this question or worth or not. I tend to give at least some more credence to the Book of Enoch due to it basically remaining in an unchanged state and untranlated for about 2,000 years, less time for people to fool with it.

That said, I have always found the account of the Watchers and the giving of various technologies to the children of men by specifically named "beings" as very interesting. I have wondered if this event could be in relation to the development of civilization and agriculture, giving it a leap forward over Adam just going out and trying to figure out how to till.

I have wondered if a variation to the story of these beings being wicked, but are messengers sent to help Adam and his to get going. If you look at 6,000 years being the time from when Adam was cast out, that does not leave a lot of time for trial and error and could be detrimental to human development.

Or maybe they were followers of Satan teaching men things against God's own time frame?

I am fascinated by the Book of Enoch. Any thoughts?

I tend to wonder the same. I also give some credict to the books that are not in the Bible. Sometimes I wonder was some stuff taken out of the Bible that we can find in other older books or are those books wrong.

I have heard beeing said that Satans angles can also come to us and pretend they are the angles of liht. But I doubt they would fex be able to give you a book. They might hold a book and show it and let you read it, but not touch it. You would not be able to touch an angel sent by Satan... they are mere spirits. But not all accounts make it clare was it mere spirit... IMHO, I may be wrong though... not the first time and probably not the lst either.

This could become a very exciting discussion.

I believe beings have come to our world and maybe not with the blessing of God, but for their own interests, and those interests could be either good or bad for us. Whether we are children of God here on this world or another, we all have our agency.

I believe our history is peppered with possible examples of visitations from beings not from our world. Didn't the sons of God marry the daughters of man and begat giants?

I also believe we should not be worried or surprised when they announce their presence to us.

The Book of Enoch is one of my favorite books dealing with man's relationship to God.

Tribunal, interesting point, was there outside interference from elsewhere?

I have to admit that my leaning is toward Satan's followers doing things in this world differently, maybe in fulfillment of something Satan said that we learn in the temple?

Depending on whether you give credence to the Book of Enoch account of the angels, or whatever, giving technology to men, will make this question or worth or not. I tend to give at least some more credence to the Book of Enoch due to it basically remaining in an unchanged state and untranlated for about 2,000 years, less time for people to fool with it.

That said, I have always found the account of the Watchers and the giving of various technologies to the children of men by specifically named "beings" as very interesting. I have wondered if this event could be in relation to the development of civilization and agriculture, giving it a leap forward over Adam just going out and trying to figure out how to till.

I have wondered if a variation to the story of these beings being wicked, but are messengers sent to help Adam and his to get going. If you look at 6,000 years being the time from when Adam was cast out, that does not leave a lot of time for trial and error and could be detrimental to human development.

Or maybe they were followers of Satan teaching men things against God's own time frame?

Ive often wonders what the seven watchers might have to do with these verses

Rev. 4: 5

5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev. 5: 6

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Prov 9

1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

Ezek. 9: 2-3, 11

2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer

Depending on whether you give credence to the Book of Enoch account of the angels, or whatever, giving technology to men...

I was just reading something similar this week in Norse accounts.

Visitors who come to earth and share with mankind to help them progress - in agriculture and other areas.

It's a pretty common theme in various belief systems.

Now where's Philo Farnsworth's journal when you need it...

I've wondered this as well. I've also wondered about the Enochian Magick system, which it seems like Joseph Smith was familiar with something similar to it when he made the "Holiness to the Lord" parchment. I've thought about experimenting with some Enochian workings, but I wouldn't want to risk having bad angels answer. I mean, are these the angels that followed Satan or are they Spirits of God?

Have you read any of the John Dee and Edward Kelley stuff?

Archived