selek Posted August 8, 2009 Posted August 8, 2009 You know, Chris, I think you'd do yourself a favor if you would read the paper before commenting on it.I'll tell you this: Professor Gee said nothing in his presentation on Thursday to compare with things that I've seen you and some of your fellow-travelers say about him over the past several years. It has been, from my point of view, a campaign of character assassination laced with quite unmerited personal hostility and contempt.Do yourself another favor, and drop the self-righteous indignation. It seems, candidly, a bit hypocritical. He named nobody.Indeed- the overall impression that I've gotten is that Chris and his lackeys are desperately trying to discredit Gee's arguments BEFORE the premises and evidences can be examined in detail.I don't know that it meets the classic definition of "well-poisoning", but they seem awfully intent on discrediting Gee rather than addressing his arguments.I wonder why that would be necessary...
Mortal Man Posted August 8, 2009 Author Posted August 8, 2009 Let us know when you do something.You can start here: http://www.mormonapo...__p__1208660135Please tell me specifically why the length estimate is in error.
Chris Smith Posted August 8, 2009 Posted August 8, 2009 Indeed- the overall impression that I've gotten is that Chris and his lackeys are desperately trying to discredit Gee's arguments BEFORE the premises and evidences can be examined in detail.I don't know that it meets the classic definition of "well-poisoning", but they seem awfully intent on discrediting Gee rather than addressing his arguments.I wonder why that would be necessary...I've addressed a great many of Gee's arguments both here and elsewhere, and I will probably continue to do so as long as my interest in this topic persists. However, threads where I address Gee's arguments usually get few views and fewer replies. Since some people pay no attention to those threads, it's no surprise that their perception of me is one-sided.
Mortal Man Posted August 8, 2009 Author Posted August 8, 2009 So when I was beat up by the bully in Jr. High because he couldn't copy my homework in sense he was paying me a compliment?No, a bully is a completely different situation. There is no honor in preying on someone smaller than yourself. You must pick on someone your own size or greater. BTW, by "slander" and "denigrate" I was being facetious. I have never attacked Prof. Gee personally, nor have I ever had any desire to. Will Schryver has several times confused me with people he has fought with elsewhere and accused me of slander.For the record, I have never posted on any other MDB. I don't like the tone of the other boards. It is readily apparent however, that most of what goes on here concerning the BoA is spillover from the other boards (one in particular).I ask that I not be lumped in with the critics on the other boards. There is a long history of acrimony there that I'm not responsible for. I also dislike the appellation of "critic". I prefer the moniker: "Follower of Facts", "Evaluator of Evidence" or "Testator of Truth"; take your pick.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.