Seriously No Politics ×

Asherah And Lehi's Dream

Sargon

In Sunday School I began to raise my hand but it was promptly shot down by a very scary glare from the person sitting next to me, my wife!

A few years ago, just before our daughter was born, I had almost convinced my wife to name her Asherah. She was OK with it until I explained to her who she is, I was young foolish. Now I an a little older and just as foolish, if not more so.

But I am not going even mention the Ugaritic texts, I may be dumb but I not stupid. :P

Personally, knowing the composition of your ward, I think that they would get a kick out of it. College students tend to like new ideas which run against old superstitions ;)

Plus you have authority over them and they must bow to your will!!! :crazy:

Bro. Edmondson

A few months ago our bishop gave a lesson about Elijah and the prophets of Baal. He ended the story explaining that all the prophets of Baal and all the prophets of the "groves" were slain for their wickedness. It made me cringe.

My first month in the ward, the EQ teacher asked the class if anyone had any hobbies that they liked to pass their time with. By the looks on their faces you would have thought I had summoned Balrog from the depths of the pit when I said "apologetics".

(What are you apologizing for?)

Sargon

A few months ago our bishop gave a lesson about Elijah and the prophets of Baal. He ended the story explaining that all the prophets of Baal and all the prophets of the "groves" were slain for their wickedness. It made me cringe.

My first month in the ward, the EQ teacher asked the class if anyone had any hobbies that they liked to pass their time with. By the looks on their faces you would have thought I had summoned Balrog from the depths of the pit when I said "apologetics".

(What are you apologizing for?)

Sargon

LOL

Maybe I should have mentioned something about Asherah on my application for grad-school. Your bishop will be determining whether or not I get accepted within the next few weeks :P I am applying to his program.

Wish me luck. I hope that I have been praying to the right elohim!

Bro. Edmondson

Archived