The Grail Quest And The Destiny Of Man:

valkator

The Grail Quest and The Destiny of Man

Part I: Preliminary remarks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Quest for the Holy Grail has been the subject of innumerable books, essays, movies, scholarly papers, and assorted other treatments since its formal delineation in the twelfth century AD; its popularity has not diminished one bit in almost 800 years. It is an utterly fascinating subject with something for everyone! There are kings and queens; there is loyalty and betrayal; there are gallant knights coming to the rescue of damsels in distress; evil monsters; cryptic clues to an elusive mystery that can "save the world;" and a whole host of major and minor characters sure to excite the senses, delight the mind, and feed the soul!

When one seriously begins to examine all of this literature, the complicated approaches of the various works and their contradictory results, one tends to hesitate to add anything to so vast a body of erudite composition. There is almost nothing that hasn't been said or written about it from one perspective or another.

The present writer was always attracted to the stories of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. This was only natural, considering my patronymic of birth: Knight. Thus, a great many books on the subject were read and digested at a very early age. But, my general opinion of them was that they were fantasies or children's stories. There was no "real" grail; it was just a pretty tale. They were nice to read and imagine in times of idleness, but I felt that I needed to get about the REAL work of "finding God." I didn't realize that, in a very real sense this is the true nature of the Grail quest.

In any event, I concentrated many years on this "finding God" business. For me it was as essential a thing to do as it was necessary to breathe.

Full Article Series

The Grail Quest and The Destiny of Man

Part I: Preliminary remarks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Quest for the Holy Grail has been the subject of innumerable books, essays, movies, scholarly papers, and assorted other treatments since its formal delineation in the twelfth century AD; its popularity has not diminished one bit in almost 800 years. It is an utterly fascinating subject with something for everyone! There are kings and queens; there is loyalty and betrayal; there are gallant knights coming to the rescue of damsels in distress; evil monsters; cryptic clues to an elusive mystery that can "save the world;" and a whole host of major and minor characters sure to excite the senses, delight the mind, and feed the soul!

When one seriously begins to examine all of this literature, the complicated approaches of the various works and their contradictory results, one tends to hesitate to add anything to so vast a body of erudite composition. There is almost nothing that hasn't been said or written about it from one perspective or another.

The present writer was always attracted to the stories of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. This was only natural, considering my patronymic of birth: Knight. Thus, a great many books on the subject were read and digested at a very early age. But, my general opinion of them was that they were fantasies or children's stories. There was no "real" grail; it was just a pretty tale. They were nice to read and imagine in times of idleness, but I felt that I needed to get about the REAL work of "finding God." I didn't realize that, in a very real sense this is the true nature of the Grail quest.

In any event, I concentrated many years on this "finding God" business. For me it was as essential a thing to do as it was necessary to breathe.

Full Article Series

The holy grail could be a personal way for someone to find god, but i beleive thats as far as it gets.

If it were something that really needed to be found, What about the "cross" or other things?

Why hasnt mankind been looking for this stuff as we have the holy grail?.

If this is the way for anyone to personally find god , thats fine. works for me.

:P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived