Seriously No Politics ×

New General Authority Seventy

So odd, there was a time when many watched General Conference, to learn of new callings, and of new Temples to be built. There are indeed many reasons to watch, regardless. But getting rid of such wonderful traditions, that had lasted for 190+ years, at best would only add (maybe) 15 minutes to Conference talks. Now, most can record General Conference, attendance for live cessions, have been going down, more and more. Now the Conference Center, have hundreds, if not thousands of seats now empty. 

53 minutes ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

So odd, there was a time when many watched General Conference, to learn of new callings, and of new Temples to be built. There are indeed many reasons to watch, regardless. But getting rid of such wonderful traditions, that had lasted for 190+ years, at best would only add (maybe) 15 minutes to Conference talks. Now, most can record General Conference, attendance for live cessions, have been going down, more and more. Now the Conference Center, have hundreds, if not thousands of seats now empty. 

I don’t believe that anywhere said this isn’t still the case. Sometimes in conference they will sustain general authorities who were previously called, and other times some temple announcements are made outside of conference (Paris, Bountiful, others). There’s also a function that has to happen where they may have been a vacancy that had to be filled now and not in two months.

17 minutes ago, Maestrophil said:

Related to Eliza?

If I understand this page correctly, it seems likely, but perhaps not that close.  It appears it was her mother who was LDS.  Doesn’t say her dad was, but I found a reference that said he was born in Albania, no reference without signing up, probably off a census.

https://forebears.io/surnames/dushku#:~:text=Not including Albania this surname,where 2 percent are found.

Edited by Calm