Seriously No Politics ×

Is Brandon Sanderson "lame"

11 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

The writer is what’s wrong with so much. Dripping with derision, deigning to come down from his ivory tower in San Francisco and forced to watch the horror of a teenage boy adding salt to his food. I think it’s fine to like Sanderson’s writing or not. Art comes down to taste. But this piece was horrible. 

Agreed. And it was a terrible piece about another terrible article. Sanderson's fan came to his defense but Sanderson was like, meh, don't bother, all good (I am boring).

I had a friend who lived near him and got Sanderson to sign a poster for my son who reads all his books. Nice guy.

Sanderson creates entertaining worldbuilding. But I wouldn't be surprised if he really is stuck as an artist in terms of developing better prose and deeper characters.

3 hours ago, Calm said:

Good for Sanderson for reacting as he did.  If only more people didn’t inflate minor issues into major drama.

Yes and a good article writer can be kind without sacrificing literary criticism. Shame that the Wired author seemed to choose clickbaitiness over substance.

No, he is not lame.

I never heard of him. Maybe I am the one who is lame!

11 hours ago, Navidad said:

I never heard of him. Maybe I am the one who is lame!

Very popular and successful American fantasy writer who is also LDS. Along the order of Orson Scott Card, Brandon Mull, [Tracy Hickman], and, of course, Talentissimo Gui.

Edited by Bernard Gui
1 hour ago, CV75 said:

Is he halt?

It would appear that the criticism hasn’t hobbled him.

27 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

He is another oldfassion Mormon that has quite bald and old ideas. I have read a bit from his writing online. And i'm afrait i can't be all to stoked about this stories or his philosophical ideas . 

Edited by Dario_M
1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said:

I guess I'll stop here, though I was about to make a hobbit pun. Never heard of him before, so I just looked him up on trusty Wikipedia. Since I see nothing controversial about his writing in the article, it must exist only among connoisseurs of the genre, which is probably good for a writer.

4 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

But he’s not bald?

I didn't meen that he was literally bald. I whas talking about his book... for me it looked like an bald oldfassion type of storie (at least from what i saw on wiki). 

Edited by Dario_M
54 minutes ago, Dario_M said:

I didn't meen that he was literally bald. I whas talking about his book... for me it looked like an bald oldfassion type of storie (at least from what i saw on wiki). 

Nothing old fashioned about Sanderson's work. His stuff is usually a fresh take on the fantasy genre, stuff you'll never see anywhere else, some weird, some outlandish, some just downright cinematically engaging. But nothing, ever, that's old, tired, or been done before.

13 minutes ago, Stormin' Mormon said:

Brandon just keeps writing and writing and writing (like he'srunning out of time).

Are you talking about me and my dissertation? I just keep writing and writing and writing and I am running out of time! Also, at least one member of my committee gives me the sense that he thinks it is fantasy! Ha! 🙃

8 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

No, he is not lame.

I am, and I haven't seen him at the meetings. :huh: :unsure: :unknw: 

:D :rofl: :D