Seriously No Politics ×

Family Search work

I have people on my family tree I need to get their Temple work done. I can't do it myself because I can't get a TR. Do I just leave it for somebody else to do or is there a button to push? To put it out there? They keep changing the software so I get lost every time I go on.

10 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

I have people on my family tree I need to get their Temple work done. I can't do it myself because I can't get a TR. Do I just leave it for somebody else to do or is there a button to push? To put it out there? They keep changing the software so I get lost every time I go on.

You can share temple ready names with other relatives who might be able to get the work done before you can.  You can also just share them with a temple I believe, but I've never tried it so I don't know how it works.

I was also told this week that it's possible to share names with other people in your ward or stake but that was news to me so I'm of no help there either.  

Your ward should have a temple and family history ward leader who can help you with this, or get you in contact with ward consultants who can do the same.  Most will even come over to your house and show you hands on how to do it.  Another option might be to see if there is a Familysearch Center near where you live.  You can go there and they can walk you through everything as well.