Seriously No Politics ×

Why did God make bed bugs?

rodheadlee

20 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

No doubt I have about $800 invested in getting rid of them in one room. And they're totally gross.

I'm so sorry!  I've heard they are horrible to try to get rid of.  Every time I have to stay at a hotel they are my biggest fear.

From The Acts of John:

On the first day we came to a lonely inn, and when we were trying to find a bed for John we experienced a strange event. There was one bedstead without covers over which we spread our cloaks which we had brought and requested him to lie down and to rest, whilst we slept on the floor. He had hardly lain down, when he was molested by bugs. But as they became more and more troublesome, and as it was midnight already, we all heard him say to them, ‘I say to you, you bugs, be considerate; leave your home for this night and go to rest in a place which is far away from the servants of God!’ And while we laughed and talked, John fell asleep. And we conversed quietly, and thanks to him we remained undisturbed.

When it was day, I rose first, and with me Verus and Andronicus. And in the door of the room which we had taken was a mass of bugs. And having called all the brethren, we went outside to have a full view of them. John was still asleep. When he woke up we showed him what we had seen. And sitting up in bed and seeing them, he said, ‘Since you have been wise to heed my warning, go back to your place!’ When he had spoken and had risen from the bed, the bugs hastened from the door to the bed, ran up the legs into the joints and disappeared. And John said again, ‘This creature heard the voice of a man and kept quiet and was obedient. We, however, hear God’s voice, and yet irresponsibly transgress his commandments. And how long will this go on?’

The bed bugs were created for this specific purpose - to teach humanity of the need for obedience.

And of course, if you were like John, it wouldn't cost you quite so much ...

I feel for you.  My son brought them home from work.  We found out his coworker knew he had them, but couldn't afford treatment.  It ended up costing us $1600.  I searched and searched to see if there was some kind of assistance his coworker could use, but never found any. 

8 hours ago, Rain said:

I feel for you.  My son brought them home from work.  We found out his coworker knew he had them, but couldn't afford treatment.  It ended up costing us $1600.  I searched and searched to see if there was some kind of assistance his coworker could use, but never found any. 

Our bug lady was amazed we managed to keep them to one room. They did try to Scamper out when she did her thing. So she did the hall and bathroom for free. 

On 2/23/2023 at 12:50 PM, rodheadlee said:

I know a lot of insects have their jobs to clean the Earth. 

What possible purpose were bed bugs made for?

339 Each creature possesses its own particular goodness and perfection. For each one of the works of the “six days” it is said: “And God saw that it was good.” “By the very nature of creation, material being is endowed with its own stability, truth, and excellence, its own order and laws.” Each of the various creatures, willed in its own being, reflects in its own way a ray of God’s infinite wisdom and goodness. Man must therefore respect the particular goodness of every creature, to avoid any disordered use of things which would be in contempt of the Creator and would bring disastrous consequences for human beings and their environment. (2501; 299; 266)

340 God wills the interdependence of creatures. The sun and the moon, the cedar and the little flower, the eagle and the sparrow: the spectacle of their countless diversities and inequalities tells us that no creature is self-sufficient. Creatures exist only in dependence on each other, to complete each other, in the service of each other. (1937)

Catholic Church, Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Ed. (Vatican City: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1997), 88.