Seriously No Politics ×

Conference Discussions

6 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

No fair! :angry:  Your response to my post has drawn more rep points than the post itself! <_< :rolleyes: 

Ah, well!  Such is the lot of somebody who is one of the Board's decidedly lesser lights, I suppose! :unknw: 

;) :D :friends: 

I can always count on you to catch my many typos.🙃

1 hour ago, Teancum said:

I can always count on you to catch my many typos.🙃

It's a dirty job ... but somebody has to do it! ;) :D 

P.S.: Besides, if I couldn't do that, I wouldn't be good for much of anything, sooo ... :huh: :unknw: 

Edited by Kenngo1969
On 10/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, InCognitus said:

I was glad to have had our Isaiah Come Follow Me lessons scheduled around the same time as General Conference because there were several quotes and allusions to Isaiah in many of the General Conference talks.  Maybe not more than normal (Isaiah is referenced quite often), but because Isaiah was fresh in my mind, I was more aware of them.  

Elder Rasband's talk "This Day", sounded a lot like the fulfillment of many passages in Isaiah.   And Elder Bednar's talk "Put on Thy Strength, O Zion", is of course a direct quote and based on Isaiah.  We need more time studying Isaiah.  There's a lot to be gleaned from his messages.  

Study Isaiah?  :huh:  Why, that's just crazy talk :crazy: if I've ever heard it!  It's much more fun to argue about what he wrote [Deutero Isaiah?  Trito Isaiah?] than it is to study it!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, MustardSeed said:

Personal experience is always more inspiring than lecture for me. 

Listening to a "lecture" can sometimes lead to a personal experience of inspiration. Such as when the spirit bears record of the truthfulness to what the lecturer has just lectured on. It happens sometimes when the missionaries teach investigators.

1 hour ago, Stargazer said:

Listening to a "lecture" can sometimes lead to a personal experience of inspiration. Such as when the spirit bears record of the truthfulness to what the lecturer has just lectured on. It happens sometimes when the missionaries teach investigators.

I’m sure it does.  For me, it’s less effective than the other, but we are all different 😃