Seriously No Politics ×

Bug out

rodheadlee

27 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Seeing as I can't keep a prayer thread open, it's time to bug out for awhile. I have had enough racism and sexism threads.

Good one, haha. Hopefully you return soon, and yes the division, my word, wasn't around as much a few years ago sadly. Hope and 🙏 we can get back to normal soon.

Edited by Tacenda

If you need comfort most likely the Russian nuclear stockpiles have been maintained as well as the rest of the Russian military and seen as much grifting so they are unfulelled and the warheads haven’t been bled off or maintained so even a full nuclear attack may not destroy the planet.

If it does end up that they still work we have the comforting words of Tom Lehrer:

On 9/16/2022 at 2:28 PM, rodheadlee said:

Seeing as I can't keep a prayer thread open, it's time to bug out for awhile. I have had enough racism and sexism threads.

Anyone else remember when the main forum discussed doctrine etc?  Yeah me either.

"General Discussions

For topics and discussions concerning LDS Doctrine, History, Geography,".

Instead it's a constant barrage of sociopolitical discussion that should be in the other forum.

"In The News

Posts dedicated to events or current trends in mainstream media dealing with topics about the LDS Church"

That's all anyone posts about anymore.

7 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Anyone else remember when the main forum discussed doctrine etc?  Yeah me either.

"General Discussions

For topics and discussions concerning LDS Doctrine, History, Geography,".

Instead it's a constant barrage of sociopolitical discussion that should be in the other forum.

"In The News

Posts dedicated to events or current trends in mainstream media dealing with topics about the LDS Church"

That's all anyone posts about anymore.

Maybe we sorted out all the doctrinal points?

I think it was more that the General forum had a lot more apologetics going on as opposed to doctrinal discussion but a lot of the apologists have moved on.

20 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Maybe we sorted out all the doctrinal points?

I think it was more that the General forum had a lot more apologetics going on as opposed to doctrinal discussion but a lot of the apologists have moved on.

Leaving us dilettantes behind to gnaw on the bones.