New online Book: Mother in Heaven: An Initial Compendium of Echoes and Evidences

6 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

I enjoy serving myself now that I’m old, being as us graybeards get no respect from you whippersnappers. Just the other day I was in Lowes and noticed they charge for bags of dirt and cow poo…things that were free when I was a kid. 

Memorize these. You will need them for future reference.

The Ancient  of Days…

BB5CD835-464E-46B1-92DF-3F34D09ABEAC.thumb.jpeg.9a2281181f5c0a8b96550bb6c917b378.jpeg

It would be a stretch to call me young or a whippersnapper at this point.

I would also be careful of the Job quote since Elihu may have meant it but the old people who had just spoken were not exactly exemplars of age bringing wisdom.

I don’t anticipate old age being a joyful time of my life. I expect it to be lonely and depressing (like most of the rest of my life) only more so.

I should start a blog. Just need a name: Depressing Thoughts With Nehor? Maximizing Hopelessness for Fun and Profit? It Will Get Better…..or Not?

Hmmmm….

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I would also be careful of the Job quote since Elihu may have meant it but the old people who had just spoken were not exactly exemplars of age bringing wisdom.

I don’t anticipate old age being a joyful time of my life. I expect it to be lonely and depressing (like most of the rest of my life) only more so.

I should start a blog. Just need a name: Depressing Thoughts With Nehor? Maximizing Hopelessness for Fun and Profit? It Will Get Better…..or Not?

Hmmmm….

From my point of view, you are a young whippersnapper.

As we learned today in Sunday School, old scriptures can be applied to us today.

Old age is not as bad as I anticipated, but that may because I’m still upright, ambulatory, and possessing most of my marbles. We shall see if my mom was right. .

Learn to play bluegrass banjo or classical guitar. You can’t  be depressed if you learn to play one of them.

Seriously, I hope you find great peace and satisfaction.

Just remember,

• Never sit while your seniors stand. – Cree Proverb

17 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

From my point of view, you are a young whippersnapper.

As we learned today in Sunday School, old scriptures can be applied to us today.

Old age is not as bad as I anticipated, but that may because I’m still upright, ambulatory, and possessing most of my marbles. We shall see if my mom was right. .

Learn to play bluegrass banjo or classical guitar. You can’t  be depressed if you learn to play one of them.

Seriously, I hope you find great peace and satisfaction.

Just remember,

I tried to learn the ukulele. It didn’t go well.

I do have the advantage that both my parents are still waterskiing and wakeboarding in their 60s so I hope I have enough of their genetics to stay physically healthy. Still hard to find purpose in the whole thing but probably harder if you feel physically trapped. If the depression is mostly tied to physical problems then living long may not be a huge advantage. The scarier thing is if it is not and the Spirit World is like this.

Downloaded the pdf. Will be a great resource. With a very cursory glance through it, this quote randomly caught my eye... largely because it says the same thing I have said (including on this board).

We Know Little of the Father
Apostle Dallin Oaks:
“It all begins with God the Father. While we know comparatively little about Him, what we know is decisive” (“The Godhead and the Plan of Salvation” April General Conference).

Valeire Hudson rightly observed that we know relatively little of Heavenly Father in precisely the same way we that know little of Heavenly Mother. It is Christ who speaks in the Old Testament, the Book of Mormon, and the Doctrine and Covenants. It is Christ whose personality we study in the scriptures, whose example we are to follow, and who interacts directly with us and on our behalf. Though Heavenly Father’s name is invoked with each prayer, and though his image is depicted in the temple drama and in Latter-day Saint art, and though we are taught from the earliest primary lessons and songs that he is our loving Father, we know little of his character or direct role in our mortal lives.

Indeed, almost everything that I do know about who my Father in Heaven is, character and attributes, I can usually directly apply to our Mother in Heaven too. The key to understanding our Father in Heaven is understanding Jesus Christ. The same key applies to our Mother in Heaven too.

Do I expect everything in the book to be correct? Heck no. But, I think it'll be a great resource that belies many claims of utter ignorance.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:08 PM, The Nehor said:

Hmmmm….

As my body ages (hey, I'll be 71 in a couple weeks!), I tend to slow down on the physical front, and that causes what's left of my mind to think more deeply about "higher things". Is it a joyful time of my life? Yes and no. It's not lonely or depressing, but I do sometimes sit back and wonder how I let so much time go by without improving myself in certain ways when I had the time to do so. But there's little I can do about most of it. Regrets? I've had a few (cue Frank Sinatra). 

I feel for you, brother. I have a stepson who is past 30 and has never been married and outside of work stays at home. I'd like to tell him, "Better get your act together, or you'll be just like The Nehor!"  Just kidding, I do no such thing. I'm hardly in a position to advise you, cuz I don't know you. But I will pray for you, because you weren't sent here by HF in order to be lonely and depressed. There has to be something for you here besides just enduring to the end. I sincerely hope you find it! 🙂