Seriously No Politics ×

1 Kings 13 Lesson: If you follow the Prophet INSTEAD of the Spirit, you will die.

1 Kings 13: 8-30 Lesson: If you follow the Prophet INSTEAD of the Spirit, you will die.

Why?

2 reasons:

1. Prophets make mistakes, the Spirit does not, and
  2. More importantly, the Spirit outranks the Prophet, and if you reject the greater authority of God you will die.

This is the lesson God is teaching us with the "safe and effective" statement from the First Presidency recently. Those who follow this advice from the Prophet are unknowingly killing themselves. 

Russell was a prophet, said to get the shot,

He said he told the truth, but clearly he did not.

Vaccinations kill you, everybody knows.

’Cause some random internet guy told me so. 

Don’t follow the prophet

Don’t follow the prophet 

Don’t follow the prophet

Or you will die. 

14 minutes ago, JustAnAustralian said:

The ramblings of Donald Trump are not the spirit.

I am not sure that applies in this case:

Then, on March 16, 2021, Trump went on Fox News and told people to get vaccinated. “I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don’t want to get it. And a lot of those people voted for me, frankly,” Trump said.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-04/trump-recommends-vaccines-in-ad-that-helped-boost-uptake

Has he changed his position?  I thought he considered the vaccine part of his legacy. 

33 minutes ago, jkwilliams said:

Russell was a prophet, said to get the shot,

He said he told the truth, but clearly he did not.

Vaccinations kill you, everybody knows.

’Cause some random internet guy told me so. 

Don’t follow the prophet

Don’t follow the prophet 

Don’t follow the prophet

Or you will die. 

2 points:

1. Russell Nelson is certainly doing the best he knows how. God may have allowed him to do this to test the church.

2. The Spirit of God is not "some random internet guy."

Cheers. 

Edited by Obeone
21 minutes ago, Obeone said:

2 points:

1. Russell Nelson is certainly doing the best he knows how. God may have allowed him to do this to test the church.

Cheers. 

1. God has the prophet tell us to take poison as a learning test? That seems a bit extreme. God seems like a jerk.

2. The Spirit of God was confirming “some random internet guy”? That makes it much more rational. Amazing how these faithful people weren’t fasting and praying over childhood vaccinations until kooks told them to. Crazy internet people are vital to the revelatory process!

33 minutes ago, JustAnAustralian said:

The ramblings of Donald Trump are not the spirit.

I have no dog in this particular fight, but just in case you either forgot or are otherwise unaware, it was Donals Trump who focused the U.S government in a  $10 billion dollar effort to, if possible, very rapidly produce COVID vaccines through the means of an emergency government program called “Operation Warp Speed.” Trump has always been a strong proponent of the vaccines, so you are totally incorrect if you are suggesting Donald Trump is anti-vaccine and therefore at odds with the leaders of the Church when it comes to the COVID vaccines.

5 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

1. God has the prophet tell us to take poison as a learning test? That seems a bit extreme. God seems like a jerk.

2. The Spirit of God was confirming “some random internet guy”? That makes it much more rational. Amazing how these faithful people weren’t fasting and praying over childhood vaccinations until kooks told them to. Crazy internet people are vital to the revelatory process!

1. God did it in 1 Kings 13. Why not again? It is an important lesson for the Church to learn.

2. Savior Himself was considered a "stranger", yet the Spirit confirmed He was right. 

47 minutes ago, Obeone said:

2 points:

Cheers. 

Last I checked, you aren’t the Spirit of God. 

2 hours ago, Obeone said:

1 Kings 13: 8-30 Lesson: If you follow the Prophet INSTEAD of the Spirit, you will die.

Why?

2 reasons:

1. Prophets make mistakes, the Spirit does not, and
  2. More importantly, the Spirit outranks the Prophet, and if you reject the greater authority of God you will die.

This is the lesson God is teaching us with the "safe and effective" statement from the First Presidency recently. Those who follow this advice from the Prophet are unknowingly killing themselves. 

What if the spirit told me to get the vaccine?

1 minute ago, Obeone said:

Then do it. 

I already did.  I'm not asking you for advice. 

I'm asking you to unravel what that would mean for your message.  If the spirit told me to listen to the prophet and get vaccinated, then that would mean that you are on here teaching false doctrine, right?

19 minutes ago, Obeone said:

Did you read the JST in verse 18?

Yes I read it,  I was educated in English as a child.  Just because we read words and understand each word does not mean we all understand what the writer was getting to.  This board is a perfect example of that.  People read and do not understand, people write and are not understood pretty much everyday on here.

9 minutes ago, bluebell said:

I already did.  I'm not asking you for advice. 

I'm asking you to unravel what that would mean for your message.  If the spirit told me to listen to the prophet and get vaccinated, then that would mean that you are on here teaching false doctrine, right?

Not necessarily

1. About 20% of injections are placebos, I heard. 
  2. If the Spirit tells you to get it, He has a plan how it will benefit you:
    a) maybe you will learn faster in the spirit world, or
    b) maybe He knows you will get a placebo, or
    c) maybe He has another way to protect you from the poison.

Either way, if you follow the Spirit you will be safe. 

The Spirit may tell one person to get the injection, and to another not to. But I am advising all my friends of the deadly danger here. 

1 minute ago, Obeone said:

Not necessarily

1. About 20% of injections are placebos, I heard. 
  2. If the Spirit tells you to get it, He has a plan how it will benefit you:
    a) maybe you will learn faster in the spirit world, or
    b) maybe He knows you will get a placebo, or
    c) maybe He has another way to protect you from the poison.

Either way, if you follow the Spirit you will be safe. 

The Spirit may tell one person to get the injection, and to another not to. But I am advising all my friends of the deadly danger here. 

I’ve had the first two doses and two boosters. I only died on the second dose. 

12 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

Yes I read it,  I was educated in English as a child.  Just because we read words and understand each word does not mean we all understand what the writer was getting to.  This board is a perfect example of that.  People read and do not understand, people write and are not understood pretty much everyday on here.

It says God did it to prove him.

JST 1 Kgs. 13:18 … drink water, that I may prove him; and he lied not unto him.

4 minutes ago, jkwilliams said:

I’ve had the first two doses and two boosters. I only died on the second dose. 

I tell all my friends, if you got one, do not get the next. The plan is to inject you every 6 month or so. 

Also keep in mind all cause mortality is up across the world after the introduction of the shots. They are designed as a "slow kill."

Edited by Obeone