Seriously No Politics ×

Talking Christmas Ward Party

Pyreaux

I'm trying to offer my ward a thought-out Christmas party for my fractured ward. I know its August, but I'm talking a choir doing a Christmas Cantata, so plans are never too early.

I'm looking to ask creative and thrifty folk (I was about to say 'LDS' but really anyone) to help me think of things,

Firstly, anyone want to contribute lyrics to; Ward Participation Event 'The Twelve Mormon Latter Days of Christmas'?

"On the # Day of Christmas my Ward gave to me;'

1 A Bishop with no Hair! (the original lyric from decades past, and the current one is bald too, but would like to have more options. Maybe something that rhymes 'A prophet on my T-V'?)

2 Home Ministers

3 Talks on Sunday

4 Standard Works

5 Golden Families!

(That is mostly what I remember. One of the original lines is "hungry missionaries", but we've gone down to 4.

6 err... Hinckley “Be’s” (?)

7 Kids and Counting (?)

8 Year-olds Baptized (?)

9 Kids and Counting (?)

10 Percent Tithing (?)

11 B.o.M Witnesses (?)

12 Modern Apostles (?)

Something like that. Add any clever number related things I could add?

Some other ideas is a skit of Samuel the Lamanite consisting of someone in costume reciting Heleman while primary children pelt him with nerf like objects. Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, Pyreaux said:

I'm trying to offer my ward a thought-out Christmas party for my fractured ward. I know its August, but I'm talking a choir doing a Christmas Cantata, so plans are never too early.

I'm looking to ask creative and thrifty folk (I was about to say 'LDS' but really anyone) to help me think of things,

Firstly, anyone want to contribute lyrics to; Ward Participation Event 'The Twelve Mormon Latter Days of Christmas'?

1 A Bishop with no Hair! (the original lyric from decades past, and the current one is bald too, but would like to have more options. Maybe something that rhymes 'A prophet on my T-V'?)

2 Home Ministers

3 Talks on Sunday

4 Standard Works

5 Golden Families!

(That is mostly what I remember. One of the original lines is "hungry missionaries", but we've gone down to 4.

7 Kids and Counting (?)

8 Year-olds Baptized (?)

9 Kids and Counting (?)

10 Percent Tithing (?)

11 B.o.M Witnesses (?)

12 Modern Apostles (?)

Some other ideas is a skit of Samuel the Lamanite consisting of someone in costume reciting Heleman while primary children pelt him with nerf like objects. Thoughts?

Oh my, please tell me your serious, and then please tell me you live in my neighborhood!

You are short a syllable on the first one if it is to mirror a partridge in a pear tree.  Throws the whole thing off.

A Bishop in a — — would work better, toupee would work if your bald bishop has a sense of humor…but it gets old very, very fast.

A bishop with a ….does he have a favorite tie?  Or silly socks by chance?  My husband has a Winnie the Pooh tie, with a Pooh tie might cause some inappropriate snickers though.  You could go to the tie store and find a tie that works…a blue tie even and then gift the bishop with the tie as you sing the line the first time.  Would be kind of fun to hand out gifts to people in the ward with each line if you are clever enough to come up with stuff.  Little ornaments would do, candies, pens and pencils….

Rhyming with TV…does your bishop play golf?  Golf tee?  Herb tea?  A bishop drinking herb/mint tea….

But if you want to do policies and doctrines or general culture, bishop with no hair doesn’t really work either.  Maybe “and a bishop in a suit coat” with…

2 ministers

3 long talks…

4 standard works

Since you can draw out 5, I will let families in because it works so well with Golden (gold) ;)

6 deacons passing

7 priests a-praying

8 [Mia] Maids a singing 

9 sisters serving/talking

10 brothers blessing/snoring 

11 toddlers running

12 babies crying

If you want the 11 witnesses, etc which is pretty good in idea, but off count syllables so a bit nails on a chalkboard for me…you can keep all but 1, 6, and 9 as they are just too far off or out of place, go with 6 sisters serving, 9 brothers blessing, one bishop in a suit coat

We have more creative people on the board though that can likely do better.

Edited by Calm
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 9:48 PM, Pyreaux said:

2 Home Ministers

3 Talks on Sunday

4 Standard Works

5 Golden Families!

7 Kids and Counting (?)

8 Year-olds Baptized (?)

9 Kids and Counting (?)

10 Percent Tithing (?)

11 B.o.M Witnesses (?)

12 Modern Apostles (?)

An Edward Partridge in a pear tree.