Daughters

Doing

Everything

Spiritually

Speaking

to

Evolve

Superbly???

(Yeah, I know, it needs work: That just came off of the top of my head. :unknw:)

12 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Could classes vote on what they want to have for names?  (I know that would be open to all kinds of off-the-wall possibilities, but perhaps leaders and teachers could encourage class members to think about what they wish to stand for, spiritually-speaking, and to have a name that reflects that?  Think of anti-Nephi-Lehis or Stripling Warriors in the Book of Mormon (not saying that either one of those, necessarily, would be appropriate; just citing them as precedent: Clearly, in each case, the names had spiritual significance for those who adopted them).

Just a thought.  :) 

How about if the General Young Women's presidency creates a list of 10 to 12 class names that CAN be used, and then the local leaders (be they YW presidencies or the class presidencies or what have you) select their class name from the approved list. 

17 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Could classes vote on what they want to have for names?  (I know that would be open to all kinds of off-the-wall possibilities, but perhaps leaders and teachers could encourage class members to think about what they wish to stand for, spiritually-speaking, and to have a name that reflects that?  Think of anti-Nephi-Lehis or Stripling Warriors in the Book of Mormon (not saying that either one of those, necessarily, would be appropriate; just citing them as precedent: Clearly, in each case, the names had spiritual significance for those who adopted them).

Just a thought.  :) 

We were specifically told that we cannot give our classes names on our own.  We have to say, “11-13 year old class” etc. 

11 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

We were specifically told that we cannot give our classes names on our own.  We have to say, “11-13 year old class” etc. 

Ah, well!  I suppose, when it comes to any of my lame-brained ideas, "The best laid plans of mice and men ..." :unknw: :huh: 

On 8/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, JAHS said:

In German "Fahrt" means a ride or journey.

For some, it can be a journey.