Seriously No Politics ×

Apostle of Color

Moksha

Who is that guy with the mustache? I'm willing to bet it's JOE PALMETTO volunteering himself to be an apostle.

Apostles of color will be called when the Lord says so. MOKSHA should have known that. (Just trying to stir the pot?)

Members of the Church do not vote in on this issue or try to persuade the Prophet to do anything! We merely have the choice to sustain whomever the Lord calls.

Apostles of color will be called when the Lord says so.

Of course, the Lord won't directly speak (i.e., face to face) to GBH on the issue (or any issue for the matter, as we might expect); he will just give GBH a few simple impressions (just like he does with the rest of GBH's spectacular prophetic revelations).

Apostles of color will be called when the Lord says so. MOKSHA should have known that. (Just trying to stir the pot?)

I'm shocked, just shocked at the racial profile of the 12!

The original 12 that is - Jesus only called Jews to the position! My ancestors were discriminated againts :P ! What an outrage.

The time is overdue for an Apostle of color.

Did I miss the meeting where Moksha was elected advisor over God?

As a professed rank and file member of the restored gospel of Christ, she sure has been making a number of presumptuous attempts, here and on other discussion boards, at micro-manage the Church from the sidelines. Seems she has a serious case of the wannabe's.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Time to organize The Church of Moksha. Moksha could start a televised ministry, wear loads of make up, put on a perma-smile, and tell every one to send more money to support the ministry (if it goes well Moksha - can get in on the deal :P )

Apostles of color will be called when the Lord says so.

Of course, the Lord won't directly speak (i.e., face to face) to GBH on the issue (or any issue for the matter, as we might expect); he will just give GBH a few simple impressions (just like he does with the rest of GBH's spectacular prophetic revelations).

Embittered cynicism is such an attractive quality.

1 Kings 19:11-13, in the Cynically Revised King James Version:

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord.  And, behold, the Lord (if he exists) may have passed by, if you're into such things, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord or whatever; and the Lord might have been in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; and the more conservative type of believers thinks that the Lord was in the earthquake:

And after the earthquake a fire; and the Lord, say literalist believers, was in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice almost certainly didn't come, and only a gullible fool could believe that the Lord was in such a still small voice anyway.

And it was so, when Elijah heard really nothing at all, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering of the cave.  And, behold, there came no voice unto him that said What doest thou here, Elijah?  But he nonetheless told his press spokesman that he had received inspiration, because that's what his credulous followers expected and he had to maintain their illusion that he was something special.

There is, as we know, absolutely no biblical basis for the notion that a prophet might receive "inspiration" by means of "impressions" from a "still small voice." If it ain't a Sinai-style theophany, it ain't nothin' at all.

Time to organize The Church of Moksha. Moksha could start a televised ministry, wear loads of make up, put on a perma-smile, and tell every one to send more money to support the ministry (if it goes well Moksha - can get in on the deal :P )

Her first pulpet-pounding could even be a propaganda piece on segregative multi-culturalism as a preferred social mandate to the supposed evils of indiscriminate "color-blindness." ;-)

Golden Tapir could volunteer as ethnic costume advisor.

Imagine the potential.

However, going public like that would compromise their identies they have been keeping secret here, and subject them to calls for openning their books to public scrutiny--something they expect of the Church, but dain for themselves.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

~God NEEDS to call Apostles of color, or what? Are people gonna stop believing in the truthfulness of the gospel simply because there isn't more of an ethnic diversity in our Apostleship? Gimme a break!

sheesh! The signs of apostasy.............{{sigh}}

If only the apostles were dieing faster...

And this...........was that an attempt at humor?

Grow up.

I hit a vein of unresolved racism in this crowd, eh?

Folks with resolved racism would immediately recognize the benefits the Church would accrue through having an Apostle of color.

Racism -- resolved or unresolved -- and lack of racism have nothing whatever to do with claiming to know that there is a mystical "time" for appointing a certain kind of person to the Council of the Twelve, somehow knowing when that "time" has arrived, believing that the Council should follow some sort of racial quota system, regarding the apostleship as a demographic entitlement, or viewing Church leadership as a political system essentially like any other.

Don't be so free in tossing casual charges of "racism" about. Doing so is offensive, seldom really justified, and, in my opinion, intellectually unethical.

Folks with resolved racism would immediately recognize the benefits the Church would accrue through having an Apostle of color.

Resolved racism? I'm in a marriage where I'm the only caucasion READ: White person. I have not a racist bone in my body.

The disdain and possible sadness you are reading from those who have posted against your original post is because WE recognize the role our Father in Heaven plays in this church and WONDER why in the heck someone(YOU) would even consider being his/her own prophet.

Your attempt at Prophetdom is irritating and sad all at once. Irritating because if you are serious in your proposal I don't see how you don't recognize how second guessing the Lord could cause you to go astray. Sad, because even if you are only joking, it's a SAD,sick joke.

The church gave the Priesthood to non-white males less than 30 years ago, and yet there has already been several of them in the 70s for several years. Doesn't that mean anything?

I believe there will be an apostle of color someday: when a brother of color will be among the best qualified to become an apostle, and I personally doubt that "qualified" means only "worthy".

Asking the church to be PC just for the sake of being PC is ridiculous.

Del

Actually I tend to agree. I would like to see a non-white apostle or prophet. First, it shows the world that Christ really does represent ALL people. Second of all, it would cause some to re-evaluate themselves because if a person is biased against certain nationalities, they will have to ask themselves what is more important; all white representitives of God, or a God who represents everybody?

Now, I don't think the church is quite strong enough to handle a black leader just yet. It may be so that God will never call a black apostle, mainly because it will pose a stumbling block in the heartland of the church. If Utah apostacises(even further:D), it will do the church much harm because Utah is what most North Americans think, when they hear "Mormom".

God won't throw in stumbling blocks, but that's not to say he won't decided to try His People. Perhaps one day, when it is not a stumbling block for the majority of people(even non-members may be put off by a black prophet), God will call somebody with physical characteristics not native to the caucasion race, and many will overlook this and see who they really are. Oh, and some will apostasice and join the KKK, I can guarentee that.

Racism -- resolved or unresolved -- and lack of racism have nothing whatever to do with claiming to know that there is a mystical "time" for appointing a certain kind of person to the Council of the Twelve,  somehow knowing when that "time" has arrived, believing that the Council should follow some sort of racial quota system, regarding the apostleship as a demographic entitlement, or viewing Church leadership as a political system essentially like any other.

Is this related to God finally realizing the time was right to allow men of African ancestry to hold the priesthood?

Is the best way to address this question to attack me, or is that just the way of the Apologist?

Speaking of unresolved, those were some very racist things for you to say--not suprising, though, given your divisive focus on peoples race and skin color, rather than what is in their heart (as Martin Luther King dreamed would one day be the case).

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Archived