Seriously No Politics ×

It's Official: SCOTUS Overturns Roe v. Wade

6 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

So a married Latter-day Saint couple is an exception to the “deal with the consequences”, but the sluts that aren’t members are not. Okay. Why? The married couple knew the risk going in right? Why should the baby pay to satisfy their lust? 

Well, if you ask many people on my Facebook, it would be many. In reality, it is zero.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, carbon dioxide said:

My problem however is the inconsistency of the argument.  Abortion is based on the idea that the woman has a right to do what she wants with her body.  If that view is true, then prostitution, drug use, and even assisted suicide should also be legal.

Sure. They should all be legal.  Regulated but legal.

We should have a right to do anything with our bodies including terminating it. 

I am all for compassionate end of life procedures for the terminally ill.

But I don't see the abortion crowd advocated, safe and legal suicide where a person can get one with no questions asked. So as long as all these other things are illegal even though it is our own body that is affected, why should abortion get an exception?

You might be surprised.  How do you know many pro choice are not for compassionate end of life law?

10 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

Many of these women know in advance that a pregnancy for them is extremely high risk. Why shouldn’t they have to “deal with the consequences”?

They shouldn’t. If their physical health is at risk, they should be able to choose to have an abortion.

8 minutes ago, Fether said:

What states don’t allow abortions in the case of the mother’s health being at risk?

Kentucky technically has an exception but it is only about the life of the patient or if the patient might end up with permanently impaired organs. Yeah, that sounds safe to wait for.

Iowa has a fetal heartbeat law that I haven’t found an exception for. It was stayed by a court ruling but with the legal landscape changed who knows what is next?

A lot is still up in the air but I have little doubt that many states will race to the bottom and make having fewer exceptions to abortion bans a kind of purity test. Please don’t try to push back by saying they wouldn’t do something that insane. These intrusive meddlesome weirdos aren’t on speaking terms with sanity at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Fether said:

I’m happy to discuss exceptions to the rule. But the core issue remains the same. The vast majority of abortions are not about health issues. They are about convenience.

A teenage girl who faces abuse from her parents if they find out is not seeking an abortion out of convenience. She is seeking it out of self-preservation.

5 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying here. 

I have many friends who have posted women will die and seem to think states have not made exceptions for the life of the mom. I have not found that to be true. I will go read Iowa’s law. 

11 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

A lot is still up in the air but I have little doubt that many states will race to the bottom and make having fewer exceptions to abortion bans a kind of purity test.

I will simply say I disagree. I will be sad if I have to eat my words

10 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

A teenage girl who faces abuse from her parents if they find out is not seeking an abortion out of convenience. She is seeking it out of self-preservation.

The baby’s life is still of more worth than the teenage girl’s discomfort.

Edited by Fether
18 hours ago, The Nehor said:

So we aren’t even pretending it is about the babies anymore? Just more Great Replacement Nazi eugenics garbage? How very surprising. This is my surprised face. It just looks similar to my “resigned to everything being stupid” face. Total coincidence. 

Edit: She would be an example of a punchable Nazi in case you were wondering.

Update: She made some black friends and/or possibly paid some parents for a photo op.

Welp, I am convinced.

Narrator: He was not actually convinced.

Expect a lot more of these in the coming days.

I expect the good Christians of Tennessee will boot this adulterous multiple homicide baby-killer out of office immediat……..yeah, nope, still can’t keep a straight face.

The only moral abortion is my abortion.

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Update: She made some black friends and/or possibly paid some parents for a photo op.

Welp, I am convinced.

Narrator: He was not actually convinced.

Those are her grandchildren. I had to go listen and it is an obvious misspeaking and correction. She said she meant to say ‘right to life.’ These type of drive by low brow attacks are lame. And to assume a family portrait is filled with ‘minority friends’ for a photo opp is a bit racist.

B9D6A7E6-1C20-4C71-9704-86AD71E3EA5D.jpeg

Edited by bsjkki
9 minutes ago, Fether said:

I will file this next to “can I smoke crack if someone is threatening to shoot me if I don’t?”

I am guessing you have no idea what an abusive home is like for a 15 year old pregnant girl when you act like this is an “out there” scenario that doesn’t happen often. It happens. Quite a bit.

4 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Those are her grandchildren. I had to go listen and it is an obvious a misspeaking and correction. She said she meant to say ‘right to life.’ These type of drive by low brow attacks are lame. And to assume a family portrait is filled with ‘minority friends’ for a photo opp is a bit racist.

B9D6A7E6-1C20-4C71-9704-86AD71E3EA5D.jpeg

WRONG, if she misspoke it would have been “white to life”.

Those being her grandkids makes it worse. On the off chance anyone wants to give her the benefit of the doubt she opened a speech with a quote about children being the future. There are lots of great leaders and philosophers and the like she could look at to get a quote for a speech like that. She decided she would go with an Adolf Hitler quote. When someone tells you who they are…..BELIEVE THEM.

2 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Oklahoma is being extra competitive. I'm confident similar minded states won't let them hold their lead.

• Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt has signed five [conflicting] abortion bans into law in 13 months. One has rape exemptions; the others don't.
    • A provider describes frantically canceling appointments, telling one rape victim they were unable to help her.
    • Another provider says she'll have to consult hospital attorneys to sort out when it is safe to provide an abortion to save a woman's life.

Most importantly, those government bounties to haze and further ruin teenage incest victims - this is the shining example of how to do it right.

Edited by Chum
4 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

WRONG, if she misspoke it would have been “white to life”.

Those being her grandkids makes it worse. On the off chance anyone wants to give her the benefit of the doubt she opened a speech with a quote about children being the future. There are lots of great leaders and philosophers and the like she could look at to get a quote for a speech like that. She decided she would go with an Adolf Hitler quote. When someone tells you who they are…..BELIEVE THEM.

She said ‘wh’ and fell into a correction but believe whatever you wish.

1 minute ago, bsjkki said:

She said ‘wh’ and fell into a correction but believe whatever you wish.

No, I listened to the clip a few times. At best, she tried to make it sound like a flubbed line. That, plus the Adolf Hitler thing…..she is dogwhistling and probably relying on plausible deniability so the white supremacists get a wink to know she is on their side and everyone else can pretend it was a mistake.