Seriously No Politics ×

It's Official: SCOTUS Overturns Roe v. Wade

7 minutes ago, cipriano said:

When are lawmakers going to address the other half of this issue? These ladies aren't impregnating themselves!

If the woman must carry to term against her will, then the father should ___________________?

castration, loss of voting rights, loss of 2nd amendment rights (that would get their attention), 200k fine, a stern talking to? What's the answer?

Stop using abortion as birth control. 

4 hours ago, sunstoned said:

The SCOTUS has become very politicized.  Mostly due to republican efforts to stack the court with conservatives who do not represent the people of the. US.  ...

It seems that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is that courts are supposed to do.  No judge or justice, and no court, represents anyone.

3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

CFR! CFR!! CFR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saved me from doing it.  I am wondering if Smac has confused you with someone else because you are consistent in your use of Nazi.  Though not referring to just the actual German political party, I understand you are defining Nazi as those who follow the model of it, see Nazis as their role models, wear the insignia or attire that signals allegiance to it and spout the slogans, etc.

Edited by Calm
25 minutes ago, cipriano said:

Well, that's the end goal, yes. But what is the stick used against the donors in trying to reach that goal?

And to stop using abortion as birth control, men just have to stop giving money or their time to take a woman to the doctor for an abortion, so it seems less a sacrifice on their part and more making their life easier if that is all that is required of them.

If what was meant was start being more proactive with using other forms of birth control or at least paying decent pregnancy and child support when the woman you are having sex with gets pregnant., better to say that rather than assume it is implied.

And what will be the consequence if they don’t?  Will the government do better at ensuring timely payments of child support and what if the man just gives up working or moves away, etc?

Edited by Calm
11 minutes ago, Calm said:

And to stop using abortion as birth control, men just have to stop giving money or their time to take a woman to the doctor for an abortion, so it seems less a sacrifice on their part and more making their life easier if that is all that is required of them.

If what was meant was start being more proactive with using other forms of birth control or at least paying decent pregnancy and child support when the woman you are having sex with gets pregnant., better to say that rather than assume it is implied.

And what will be the consequence if they don’t?  Will the government do better at ensuring timely payments of child support and what if the man just gives up working or moves away, etc?

I think we should follow the SCOTUS's lead on this issue and get serious. So I say any male member of society that causes a pregnancy which ends in abortion, must be castrated. 

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Amazing. I could more than double the number of incidents and somehow you only found the ones where one side was at fault or is believed to be at fault. You may want to consider broadening your choice of news sources.

I was actually impressed with how little I found…as in I expected buildings/city blocks on fire

1 hour ago, cipriano said:

When are lawmakers going to address the other half of this issue? These ladies aren't impregnating themselves!

If the woman must carry to term against her will, then the father should ___________________?

castration, loss of voting rights, loss of 2nd amendment rights (that would get their attention), 200k fine, a stern talking to? What's the answer?

Being held legally accountable for the support of the child they fathered would be a good place to start.

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

Stop using abortion as birth control. 

You've never experienced an abortion I take it. ;)

I haven't either, but read what someone getting one goes through before saying what you did. Much easier ways to use birth control. Also, looks like that's even being considered, so if no contraceptives then it stands to reason there would be more unwanted pregnancies, how asinine is that?!?

Two links below, one is on what women go through, let alone the horrible guilt. And second is the law that is being considered. 

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures/what-happens-during-an-in-clinic-abortion

https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/24/supreme-court-decision-suggests-the-legal-right-to-contraception-is-also-under-threat/

Edited by Tacenda
13 minutes ago, provoman said:

I was actually impressed with how little I found…as in I expected buildings/city blocks on fire

Me too. I think the real way to force change is simple. A general strike. I have a hard time seeing it happening but if it did…….

41 minutes ago, cipriano said:

I think we should follow the SCOTUS's lead on this issue and get serious. So I say any male member of society that causes a pregnancy which ends in abortion, must be castrated. 

Yep, why is the woman to blame and the men not so much, sucks!

16 hours ago, cipriano said:

Well, that's the end goal, yes. But what is the stick used against the donors in trying to reach that goal?

Financial responsibility would be a good place to start. It's not the federal government job or the state government's job to pay for birth control for people it's their own responsibility. We know what causes pregnancy a little personal restraint goes a long ways. But the father should definitely be 50% responsible financially for any contributions he made to the situation.

The pro-abortion people are all complaining that it's going to be a hardship on the poor so they're only going to vote Democrat. Well what about fuel prices and the energy policies of the present administration they are causing groceries to Skyrocket. It cost me $600 more a month to go to work.

Edited by rodheadlee
55 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

You've never experienced an abortion I take it. ;)

I haven't either, but read what someone getting one goes through before saying what you did. Much easier ways to use birth control. Also, looks like that's even being considered, so if no contraceptives then it stands to reason there would be more unwanted pregnancies, how asinine is that?!?

Two links below, one is on what women go through, let alone the horrible guilt. And second is the law that is being considered. 

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures/what-happens-during-an-in-clinic-abortion

https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/24/supreme-court-decision-suggests-the-legal-right-to-contraception-is-also-under-threat/

I haven't been allowed to have children. I adopted two in their teens. My sister had an abortion and she has not been mentally the same ever since. It was the biggest mistake of her life.

4 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Financial responsibility would be a good place to start. It's not the federal government job or the state government's job to pay for birth control for people it's their own responsibility. We know what causes pregnancy a little personal restraint goes a long ways. But the father should definitely be 50% responsible financially for any contributions he made to the situation.

The pro-abortion people are all complaining that it's going to be a hardship on the poor so they're only going to vote Democrat. Well what about fuel prices and the energy policies of the present administration they are causing groceries to Skyrocket. It cost me $600 more a month to go to work.

I can't afford to go to work and I can't afford to retire I guess I'll just starve to death when my food storage Runs Out.

Are you under the impression that the oil industry is under the control of the government?

3 hours ago, cipriano said:

That would depend on the respective States' electorates/constituencies and worthy of a civil discussion.

2 hours ago, Calm said:

Saved me from doing it.  I am wondering if Smac has confused you with someone else because you are consistent in your use of Nazi.  Though not referring to just the actual German political party, I understand you are defining Nazi as those who follow the model of it, see Nazis as their role models, wear the insignia or attire that signals allegiance to it and spout the slogans, etc.

He considers anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi sympathizer. His definition is definitely more broad than what most people would consider Nazi’s. (I’m not sure how to search for that conversation but it happened on this forum.)

If violence is justified based on individual justifications for aggression, society will break down. (It’s started.) Hitting Nazi’s and White Supremacists is still illegal no matter your justification.

Edited by bsjkki
6 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

He considers anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi sympathizer. His definition is definitely more broad than what most people would consider Nazi’s. (I’m not sure how search for that conversation but it happened on this forum.)

If violence is justified based on individual justifications for aggression, society will break down. (It’s started.) Hitting Nazi’s and White Supremacists is still illegal no matter your justification.

Perhaps he will clarify.  Thinking Trump a fascist (wannabe fascist?) is different than considering everyone who voted him for a Nazi sympathizer. 

https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/73886-not-a-political-thread/

This was obviously a joke, but only reference that came up under his name.

Edited by Calm
12 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

He considers anyone who voted for Trump a Nazi sympathizer. His definition is definitely more broad than what most people would consider Nazi’s. (I’m not sure how to search for that conversation but it happened on this forum.)

I didn’t say to punch Nazi sympathizers.

And of course it is illegal. It is just also moral.

1 minute ago, SteveO said:

You must have just been a stud on Twitter today…

I actually spent a lot of time today consoling LGBTQ friends who are thinking they are in a lot of potential danger going forward.

I tried to tell them it might not get that bad and that there are reasons to be hopeful. I was treading dangerously close to lying.

I'm grateful the church at least allows for the following, better than some states.

The Church allows for possible exceptions for its members when:

• Pregnancy results from rape or incest, or
  • A competent physician determines that the life or health of the mother is in serious jeopardy, or
  • A competent physician determines that the fetus has severe defects that will not allow the baby to survive beyond birth.