Seriously No Politics ×

High Council qualifications

48 minutes ago, longview said:

There is an avalanche of indoctrination.  Not just in public schools but in the corporate world, colleges, dominant media, etc.  Witness the extremes of Disney Corporation.  The public is pushing back at them and Florida is finally rethinking the lucrative tax treatment of Disney's "amusement" parks.

If you think that transvestites behaving weirdly and adorned in ridiculous paraphernalia grandstanding to the little ones in public libraries is NOT propaganda then you are off your rocker.  The incidents of teachers behaving inappropriately with students conceivably could greatly outnumber those of the Catholic Church and other large institutions.

The lucrative tax treatment? Be serious. Disney’s deal was that they would pay for all the infrastructure and services in the area. Disney did that because they are running a tourist operation and selling dream vacations so the infrastructure is all very top-notch and Disney makes up the money through tourism. Taking away their special treatment will cost the local counties HUGE amounts of money to maintain or even more to downgrade. I doubt they will even take away the special status. The delay until it takes effect gives them plenty of time to quietly cancel the whole thing. Also I laugh at the idea that they are going to shut down that whole font of tax revenue. It would hurt the state budget BADLY if Disney leaves. I would be impressed if the governor was challenging Disney on the moral merits of Disney’s special status and was willing to eat the hit to the state due to principles but that is not happening. The governor is violating the First Amendment with punitive legislation designed to target a company in violation of their First Amendment rights (because corporations are people now and have free speech rights for some reason) so pushing it through could easily end in a huge lawsuit. Normally when a government entity punishes a company for opposing their views they do it surreptitiously so there is plausible deniability that the government acted because of what was said. In this case though the governor is a blithering idiot and laid out all the bread crumbs in public view so Disney could fry the state government if they wanted to. Disney probably won’t pick the fight and just let the whole thing die off quietly. It is performative nonsense. If they don’t kill this change every property owner will be paying high four-figures to low five figure sums as a special assessment unless the state government eats the cost themselves and that is not likely.

Again, DIG INTO SPECIFICS! Don’t take the word of the liars speaking in vague generalities when feckless politicians (i.e. politicians) say they are going to change or do something. 

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Again, DIG INTO SPECIFICS! Don’t take the word of the liars speaking in vague generalities when feckless politicians (i.e. politicians) say they are going to change or do something. 

Interesting that you have no defense for bizarre transvestites from outer space prancing in front of innocent little ones.

22 minutes ago, longview said:

Interesting that you have no defense for bizarre transvestites from outer space prancing in front of innocent little ones.

Kids don’t sexualize drag queens reading them stories. That is weird projection. Their parents do that. Hence “bizarre” and “from outer space”. The kids see a dramatic adult in funny and bright clothes that does a good job of doing the voices in the book. Again, this is the parent’s issue. Don’t take your kids to reading time in the library if you can’t handle a man in a dress.

Relax.

4 hours ago, mbh26 said:

I'm sorry for your struggles.  And I'm sorry if I've been offensive.  I'm just speaking from my own paradigm in an effort to understand this.  My impression was similar to President Packer who I think didn't ever believe people were born exclusively gay.  I think same gender attraction exists for some.  But Pres Packer was pretty clear in using the words "so called gay.  I do still believe that same gender attraction should be a private issue.  Why are you not married and in the bishopric asks a 5 year old.  Oh that's because I'm gay.  That shouldn't be how the conversation goes.  

What otherworldly dimension do you come from where you imagine a bishopric counselor answering that question with: “I’m gay.”? Really? When a five year old asks an older lady if she is going to have a baby some day do women from this dimension start explaining menopause in detail?

And yeah, keep it private. Say nothing. Do nothing. Don’t make me uncomfortable in any way, shape, or form. Your freedom to act ends not when it involves punching me but instead where it might mildly infringe on the edges of my comfort zone. Then these same people rhapsodize about the importance of freedom while their ideal freedom is living under the most stereotypically powermad HOA ever.